Re: Gallery misconduct

by FruUtter

Original Post

★ Guide
Sorry about my bad English. I mean rooms instead of coins, ans paintings instead of canvases.
Message 51 of 70 (923 Views)

★ Guide
Your English is fine!! <3 <3
Message 52 of 70 (921 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I 100% agree with this! This is a huge problem in the Gallery and it really needs to be fixed! Thank you for bringing it up @KSsDesign! I have seen this happen more times than I can count and I totally understand that creators loose their inspiration to create, when it just ends up getting re-uploaded.
Message 53 of 70 (862 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Dear friends!

Here comes my gift to you! Now I have experience of ploting marketing strategies and communication in general so yours truly could say that she really knows what she is talking about. And it is totaly up to you to either take it or leave it Wink I shall still love you all ^^

So. EA/Maxis does not seem acknowledge the problem/loop holes in the gallery system. Contacting EA/Maxis was frutles. What has not been done yet is what has been prooved effectfull in the past. Now think empires. Roman empire they have their peak and then they die. So we could say that the "good gallery empire" is dead and we have this "bad empire". Now what used to happen whas that some groups created chaos in order to destroy the "regime" and simply start fresh.

To make a long story short my suggestion is: 

Create chaos in order to make the gallery system collaps. because most ppl want followers and we CAN use that thurst for greed. 

this is what WE can do:

1. create a message with CLEAR instructions containing all the steps in cheating 

2. spam the message to as many NEW players as possible (remember if we ALL do it it will be a piece of cake)

3. what I think will happen is: EVERYONE will give it a try

4. the result the cheating system will be destroying itself

5. I guess the chaos will continue about 3 months and the everything will get back to the 0-point

6. at this point it is time to re-create the culture of the gallery

Hugs and kisses and so on ^^

FruUtter ------ In The Name of Otter ^^

Message 54 of 70 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

LOL I have to laugh--you are so clever! I wonder what others think of this! It is historically accurate.

Message 55 of 70 (835 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

All I can tell you is that the frustration in some of the community is real and growing.  Spoke with 2 other powerful creators this week about the direction of the gallery.  One was very discouraged about the ease of the cheating and will be taking a long break.  The other is beyond disgusted that Maxis doesn't seem to do anything to protect the creators that have 1000's of followers.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Message 56 of 70 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

SWSRogueLeader yes, the gallery is at this point. We just can't let the criminals to win this part. I say it because steal, cheat, and plagiarize are crimes, and must be punished. I hope so much that we will have a good surprise from EA.

Message 57 of 70 (796 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @KassSimsDesign to address this issue here in AnswerHQ.

Unfortunately I do not have much hope that EA will change anything. I hope so and wish this action good luck.

In 2016, my sister Charantea posted here in another thread that after a patch from EA the number of downloads, followers and content had shifted up drastically. In this thread had also reported some users whose numbers had moved up or down. Unfortunately, EA has never responded or fixed the problem.

Here is the thread for all interested:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Gallery-Counter-not-working-correctly/m-p/5042435/highlig...

Charantea has also pursued the issue addressed here, has addressed the cheaters and once asked how that is possible. Likewise, she has addressed users who have stolen. In both cases she has been insulted again and again in the worst form. Likewise, 2016 she was rushed in public in the gallery. During all this time she has called over and over again at EA, wrote, trying to draw attention to this problem. She also made the following suggestion once:
In the account settings for privacy you have the opportunity to block other users. Why can not there be an option installed here that blocks this user from accessing my catalog?

We talked a lot about this problem. But she never received an answer from EA. What can a single player or a handful of players do against the giant EA? Everything was without success.

Ultimately, her health has suffered a lot and she has left the gallery forever because she has not been able to cope with this hatred, envy, fraud and theft and being left alone. For her fight against injustice, she had even received a warning from EA. Her has been taken the fun and the joy of this game.

I think that EA could only hurt at one point and get their attention and that is simple. We players really should not even buy the next extension and delay that as long as possible until EA realizes that the game threatens to topple because it no longer generates any revenue. Maybe you should see it as a last resort but the hair should be packed at the root and the root of EA is just the money !!

Please EA, it should also be your task to hear and support the users of this game. Please create a platform where theft, fraud, insults and many other negative things are a thing of the past and Sims 4 becomes what it is. A game that gives joy, friends and relaxation and where it is "honest".

Sorry for my bad English.

Warm greetings from Germany

Message 58 of 70 (780 Views)

★ Guide

We miss Charantea very much. She is not the only simmer to alert EA to cheating and be "thanked" by getting a warning instead. As I have said before, somewhere down the line the fact that we are customers, have paid for the product(s), and deserve good service is being overlooked. Instead we are treated like naughty schoolchildren--or ignored.

Message 59 of 70 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

Support! Always support! It's so saddening when so many of us spend hours on our sims to get little to no recognition on them, but others can cheat to get it. I hope this problem gets solved soon.

Message 60 of 70 (760 Views)