Re: Gallery misconduct

by TheElvenSimmer

Original Post

★ Guide

Simmie Sweetness, we miss you so much. If EA only looked at how respected Simmers like you are being driven away--perhaps they would act. 

Message 41 of 70 (891 Views)

★ Apprentice

agreed Standard smile many people have been trying for months, even years, on end to try and get this fixed. EA and Maxis have seemed to not pay a lot of attention. Stealing and cheating is a crime in the real world, and we should treat the gallery that way. I miss seeing all of your awesome creations SimmieSweetness😭

Message 42 of 70 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can only agree with all the statements here. Many of the people here are helping that the gallery showes so successful and popular
creations. We all invest a lot of time and work - the gallery should be a place for fun and fairness. Respect and esteem are old words,
but their meaning is more important today than ever. It is very sad that these values ​​are disregarded by some people in the
gallery and that EA does nothing. At least the re-uploading of creations should be able to be stopped, such as Marja describes it.
I know, money rules the world and I guess it's the same with EA, but I also know that hope dies last. So I too will not give up hope
that our words will be heard here!
Message 43 of 70 (853 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is heartbreaking how much pain the issue is causing for many long term simmers! I sincererly hope that there will be a solution suitable for everyone.

Message 44 of 70 (832 Views)

★★ Guide

@KissingSimsand @SimmieSweetness it is wonderful to see you speaking up here even though you have chosen to leave the gallery already. Losing you & so many of our honest gallery creators over all the negativity in the gallery saddens me. Especially when I know this download cheating problem can easily be fixed in the gallery. No, I don't write game code but I am a gamer. I see a fixable problem here. I actually see a few different ways EA can fix this one problem too. That is why I will continue trying my best to get EA to notice, seriously consider and actually fix the gallery so no one can exploit the honest gallery majority in this way any longer.

Also,@crinrict@KissingSims - The major issue with false reporting is not that if I personally have that box checked I can't see my own creations that have been reported. That is frustrating sure but for me the bigger implication of this act is the fact that every gallery member who plays with the "hide reported content" box checked does not get the opportunity to see any reported creation, including these falsely reported creations. As I said earlier I am getting more disappointed with the gallery dysfunction the more I learn about it. Plus, if I apply this one problem, download cheating, to all other dysfunctional gallery issues, this one problem infects all other negative actions & feelings in the gallery to now include this one .. false reporting.

I am begging everyone who has any influence at EA to please fix the gallery and put an end to download cheating asap! The gallery is broken, the popular now section is riddled with download cheaters .. The system is now clearly not working as it was intended. Now it showcases & gives high importance to many cheaters who have fraudulently added to their download total to rise into the popular now section thereby stepping over and pushing down so many of the honest talented creators that actually deserve those spots. This section is supposed to show what is truly popular as decided by all simmers as we click the fav heart & download. It is not for the selfish abusive minority making themselves look like the best creator ever when all they have done is repeatedly click the download button on their own creation!

Message 45 of 70 (828 Views)

★ Guide

What have we already begged EA/Maxis to do for us, for example to program an image changer or I think about our action in the gallery "We stand Strong" or "Our Plea to EA". And nothing of the sort has happened. I wonder what those responsible think when they see and read such actions from us and here at Anwers HQ. I have created Sims again and would like to share them so much but I really don't dare...

Message 46 of 70 (809 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
This AND The Stealing of other Creator's Work should be put to an End! ♥♡Let's Bring Compassion back to our Community♥♡
Message 47 of 70 (794 Views)

Champion

@KSsDesignand everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention (for those who knew nothing about it) and for supporting creativity and honesty in the Gallery (and every where else!) Heart  

People who steal other people's work are as mature as a 4 year old!  They also are hurting themselves in the long run because the more they steal, the less talented people will upload wonderful creations, which could eventually mean that there is nothing worth stealing! It is like over-fishing a pond -- seems beneficial at first, but when there are no new fish you end up hurting yourself. Frown

While I love making my own Sims, I'm not so skilled at building, so I rely on other talented creators' uploads to bring beautiful houses to my Sim's lives! It saddens me that many are leaving! DevilAngryDevil

On a brighter note, I would think EA is looking into this since the Gallery is one of the wonderful things about the Sims.Standard smile  We have always shared our creations and sometimes very kind people will even take requests! Angel  When the Forums were launched for TS4, there were problems with trolls, spam, inappropriate content, etc, but EA did enforce measures to prevent a lot of that! :eahigh_file: So I do have faith that they are working on it as we speak! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 48 of 70 (756 Views)

★ Guide

Merci pour votre réponse géniale. J'espère vraiment voir que le vol et surtout la triche soient des problèmes réglés, car c'est très énervant de voir que certains téléchargent plusieurs fois leurs propres créations juste pour les amener à l'onglet le plus populaire pour obtenir une fausse popularité très vite, ou tricher sur les créations des autres pour faire croire qu'elles sont aussi des tricheurs, car cette façon d'agir fait que les créateurs quittent la galerie, et que les tricheurs deviennent les plus populaires, quand ils ne sont pas meilleurs que les autres, tout simplement différents. Pour moi, créé des sims, des pièces, des toiles, des lots dans le jeu est de l'art, et  l'art n'est pas uniquement un style, mais différents styles afin de satisfaire les goûts différents de chacun. Alors ça prend plusieurs créateurs différents pour réaliser cela. Standard smile

Message 49 of 70 (732 Views)

★ Guide
In English now. Thank you for your brilliant response. I really hope to see that theft and especially cheating are fixed problems, because it is very annoying to see that some people download their own creations several times just to bring them to the most popular tab to get a very false popularity. quickly, or cheating on others' creations to make them believe that they are also cheaters, because this way of acting makes creators leave the gallery, and cheaters become the most popular, when they are not better than the others, just different. For me, creating sims, coins, canvases, lots in the game is art, and art is not just a style, but different styles to satisfy the different tastes of each. So it takes a lot of different creators to do that.
Message 50 of 70 (731 Views)