Re: Gallery misconduct

by SimmieSweetness

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Gallery is an amazing place to communicate with other Simmers..Cheating is not a good idea.. but as usual.. someone uses it bad..Cheating, stealing etc. lol.. we upload a lot of works to have lots of downloads and followers..but we don't cheat.. bcs we know that cheating is the worst thing ever!! we do it just to have fun.. i hope the cheaters won't do that again..bcs we are creators too and we can't stand their bad behaviors anymore..i am supporting you Kass..Thank you for helping me to see the truth.. My english is not good ahah i hope you all understand my pharagraph.. Happy simming!
Message 31 of 70 (905 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's terrible that this is going on. I am not a great sim creator by any means, but the ones I create and share they are mine. I share them for the joy they gave me in creating in hopes some other will enjoy them. If they do not I am not going to cheat to boost something. As a matter of fact, even in the game I rarely cheat. I love doing challenges. I am currently in an apocalypse challenge. Anyways... lol. Just wanted to show my support for what you are trying to do.

Message 32 of 70 (896 Views)

Betreff: Gallery misconduct

★ Guide

Dear Gill, I am very surprised and amazed what kind of a member I should be in the gallery and that you are so sad and shocked that makes me sad too. Have also read the last post by Kass and wonder what else has to happen that the gallery is no fun for us honest creators and we are totally spoiled. Anyway, I will not be back until the gallery is "safe" again; as in the beginning.

Message 33 of 70 (864 Views)

★★ Guide

I continually get more and more disappointed with the gallery system the more I learn about it Frown I thought the worst thing another simmer could do here (besides reuploading) is fraudulently exploiting the gallery by boosting their individual creation total to make their creation quickly rise into the popular now section. Now, only yesterday I have learned that some of these download cheaters are retaliating against some of us for using the reporting tool on their obviously cheated creation. I see an obvious download cheater, I report it as the rules clearly state to do. I have now learned that some of my creations have been flagged while there is clearly no obvious reason for anything I have created to be reported. I am so upset over this whole thing which stems from the fact that simmers can easily add to their own download total! I have tried my best to speak up and fight for what is right in the gallery for the last few months. I have tried to encourage good creators to stay when over and over we see so many frustratingly broken things in the gallery. Now I learn even the reporting system that is supposed to protect us is actually hurting us. Please EA, please .. speak up now for your majority - your honest simmers who love this community and want to stay! Sadly though, time and again we hear of the good, honest creators going away. I won't go away even though some days it feels like I should. If I give up I give the gallery I respect & love to all the fraudulent, dishonest simmers and I refuse to let them have it! EA, there is no other choice than to fix the game code to stop download cheating. 1 download count per person, per creation only! Thank you!

Also, I'd like to thank you all for coming out to this forum post and giving your support. It has actually refueled my hope reading your words here. Please spread the word & encourage everyone you know to support this message!

Message 34 of 70 (853 Views)

★ Guide

I'd like to get something off my chest: When members of the gallery report honest creations, this creation disappears from both the gallery and the honest creator's catalogue, which means they are no longer visible to the creator. I know this because some of my creations have disappeared from my catalogue some time ago. But these creations were downloaded anyway. So they are visible to others. And I don't want to have any more that with a lot of love and effort created things are simply no longer visible for me in the catalogue.

Message 35 of 70 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KissingSims wrote:

I'd like to get something off my chest: When members of the gallery report honest creations, this creation disappears from both the gallery and the honest creator's catalogue, which means they are no longer visible to the creator. I know this because some of my creations have disappeared from my catalogue some time ago. But these creations were downloaded anyway. So they are visible to others. And I don't want to have any more that with a lot of love and effort created things are simply no longer visible for me in the catalogue.

This happens if you have the option hide reported content checked. Try unchecking that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 70 (807 Views)

★ Guide

oh vielen dank liebe crinrict. Dann war ja meine "Aufregung" ganz umsonst!

Message 37 of 70 (785 Views)

★ Guide

Here again in english so that everyone understands it: oh thank you dear crinrict. Then my "excitement" was for nothing!

Message 38 of 70 (777 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much @KSsDesign for bringing this up here! I am one of the simmers who have left because of this problem. I have earned every single download and follower the honest way and I can no longer take other simmers cheating to earn them. I really hope that EA/Maxis will finally do something about this. Even though I will not be in the gallery at the moment I will still fight for this problem to be fixed! 

Message 39 of 70 (768 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Thank you so much @SimmieSweetness for your support in this horrible problem we are facing. You are one of the creators I respect so much, and I am so sad that this downloading cheating issue has driven you away!! EA/Maxis you MUST hear us and do something. I, too, have bought every single Sims3 and Sims4 pack you have ever created, but I feel that if cheaters are going to continue to be able to fake downloads, and upsetting so many honest people who come to the gallery to create honestly, I will be forced to leave too. I don't want to give in to dishonest people, but the gallery is no fun anymore. Please hear us, EA/Maxis, we honest simmers are the majority.
Message 40 of 70 (755 Views)