Original Post

Re: Issues in the Gallery

Hero
Hi @brenleedee

is this still ongoing for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (634 Views)

Re: Gallery issues

EA app Team
Thanks for the update, @schnuck01. I'll forward this information to the team.

@brenleedee - I've merged your thread into this one because we have been talking about Gallery related weirdness here, so I thought it would be better to keep the information in one place! Wink

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 12 of 20 (629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh okay 

Message 13 of 20 (570 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @brenleedee, @schnuck01,

Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing issues with the Gallery after June 20 maintenance? Are you still having issues with the Gallery today?

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 14 of 20 (568 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Mai - the sorting /duplicate issue seemed to have improved for at least a few days, the sorting is getting bad again, lots are all out of numerical order in 'most popular', there are some duplicates, also I've noticed under trending hash tags it only shows parenthood (last time, when the problem was really bad, it only showed city living.)
Message 15 of 20 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The Gallery is still, basically as it was, all out of sync..haven't saw duplicates(may be some, I just didn't notice any like it was) but there seems to be issues with downloads, and counts and of course the order that lots are in.  

I did notice however, that the colors seem back to normal, not sure if there was something that was done on EA's part or what, but glad that the coloring is vibrant again(that I am very happy for)  

As far as the glitch in the gallery, I hope that there is some way that it can be fixed..thank you

Message 16 of 20 (529 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Mai - After the Seasons release frenzy, gallery issues are worse than ever, mass duplicates and uploads are 'double uploading' where I have the same lot (I've personally never had this issue before) showing in my catalog twice. Sorting is terrible, uploads aren't showing where they should and so on. 

Message 17 of 20 (509 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Sorry, wow just a mess. My coloring is not better. This has been going on for over a week and not one recommendation on how to fix my game. Now I have lots in my gallery that are duplicated that I can't even delete, the graphics are so bad, I see pictures of my lots before this started happening(seemingly right after the last fix)and pictures now, terrible graphics. I have homes that just seem to be missing, not showing up in the line up. I am really hoping that someone, somewhere can tell me what I should do. I have been playing the Sims for years, never had this problem. I just wish someone would address this, or if they are let me know. Thank you.
Message 18 of 20 (496 Views)

★★ Guide

This is still an ongoing issue and is now much worse then when the problem initially started. Sorting is a disaster, there are still some duplicates and now actual double uploads, the gallery is completely flooded with double uploads. Lots are missing (they are not being sorted correctly and end up in the twilight zone)

Just a suggestion here which could potentially help cut down on the amount of intentional duplicates in the gallery (not the glitch duplicates ) A simple check button (and obviously some coding) "allow to re-upload " when uploading to the gallery. This would solve a lot of gallery issues and still allow for re-uploading in a challenge. It would save space by tremendously cutting back on duplicates, it would help the problem of theft or re-uploading when asked not to-- and there are people who deliberately do this. It would also probably cut back on the amount of content that's being reported. 

Message 19 of 20 (466 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I think a lot of the new duplicates could possibly be that the game is literally freezing up as you try to upload, I have to hit ctrl/alt/delete and bring up the task manager to shut down the sims to get out of it.  

Then if it does upload you don't know when....in one word the Gallery is a complete MESS with what looks like no help in sight.  

Message 20 of 20 (453 Views)