Re: Gallery issues

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm currently having an issue with the gallery in sims 4. Very confused and have a few questions.

1. When I tried adding description I got error "First name contains a disallowed word"

Now before I added my description there was a hashtag there. I deleted the family from Gallery to start over and add the description. This leads me to the next question.

2. When there is a hashtag name in the description are what does that mean exactly?

3. Does this mean someone downloaded and saved it under them or it was just viewed by them?

4. How do I save family to Gallery with description after I already have and saved family before the Gallery was even a thing?

5. Is there a "How-To Guide"?

Help! Help!

Message 1 of 24 (1,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nadifb That's it... the name Nipsey produces the disallowed flag/warning for me also. Please try changing the first name of the pet and see if you can successfully upload then. Thanks, @SassiLassi ! 💡👍

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.59.24 PM.png

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 23 of 24 (1,278 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@nadifb There is another thread concerning words that could lead to not uploading to the gallery. May be you will be able to find some of your answers in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Unsure-which-word-resulted-in-the-quot-Disallo...
Good luck.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 24 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nadifb I'm not sure I'm completely following all of your questions, so please bear with me and clarify whatever I have misunderstood.

• If the item will not save with an error about a disallowed word, that can sometimes be a tricky troubleshooting situation. 
    Problem is that sometimes it's a flagged term that's a 'naughty' term in other cultures, or there's some other reason that makes no sense to us. So...
    You can put the whole description or title or whatever is causing the issue in a text editor and add one word or phrase at a time and try to save until you find the word that triggered the 'disallowed word' warning.
  • When there is a hashtag in a description that pairs with the word/term after it to create a searchable link per that term in the gallery. If you look through the search/browse options you can search for your term as an "Item Name", "EA ID", or "#Hashtag".
    For example, if you searched for "SheriGR" under "EA ID" you would find my gallery items listed via your chosen sort. But, if you searched for "SheriGR" under "#Hashtag", you would bring up anywhere in item descriptions where I (or anyone else) have added the hashtag #SheriGR" into the item description.
  • "Does this mean someone downloaded and saved it under them or it was just viewed by them?" Could you please clarify what you mean on this?
  • There is a good set of instructions for sharing your sim to the library and gallery at these links:
    The Sims Gallery: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-gallery/
    Using the gallery: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gallery/

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask further/clarification questions. Screenshots may be helpful if a question is hard to word.

Message 3 of 24 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I tried downloading pictures I took of tv screen and it said file to big. will retry to download picture. it will definitely give a better view of what I am talking about.
Message 4 of 24 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@TrismagistosI was able to download to gallery 1st time. then I realized I had not added the description so I went back to the family and do so and there was a hashtag. I deleted hashtag and put a description and been getting the error name disallowed

Message 5 of 24 (1,233 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR the help ea is a good link.Thanks.
The link - https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gallery/ seems a bit confusing I have Sims 4 on Xbox one and carl's instructions seem old and for pc. Am I wrong?
Message 6 of 24 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nadifb What is the name you're trying to add to the household for the gallery upload? If you could send me the name and a screenshot of your error (you could even photograph with your phone if you want to - as long as I can read the image) and attach it I could test in my game also.

Sorry that the second link was not useful for you, but I'm glad the first one had some helpful information. It's true that the tabs are not named as they are currently in that article. I added that link for some general information about the gallery, but it didn't have information specific to your current title/description issue. That's what the other link was for. Carl's guides are usually kept up very nicely, though. He's a great source for information. Sorry for the confusion.

Message 7 of 24 (1,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I was able to download it to gallery 1st time. then I realized I had not added the description so I went back to the family and do so and there was a hashtag. I deleted hashtag and put a description and been getting the error name disallowed. I will try to download pictures again. I took pictures with my phone and when I tried to download when I posted it said the file too large.
Message 8 of 24 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Was able to download pictures. Hope they are clear enough
Message 9 of 24 (1,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Thank you for the screenshots. I couldn't see a title/name of the household, but saw the names Jace and Willa in the description. I added those two first names to a couple of my sims, saved them to the library, and also put their first names in the name of the household. I was able to share this household to the library fine. Can I confirm what the first names are of each of your sims in the household, please?

Message 10 of 24 (1,156 Views)