Re: Gallery doesn't show the used packs when someone I follow favourites somethi

by crinrict

Original Post

Gallery doesn't show the used packs when someone I follow favourites something

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

First of all: English isn't my first language and I don't play "The Sims 4" in English. I might not used the right words or terms but I'm doing my best. Thank you!

This is an issue that has been bugging me for quite some time: Whenever Maxis favourites a build, a room or a household I get a notification that they favourited something. I do so because I follow them - and a couple of other simmers. I love getting those notifications because I can see what others have created and that the community is alive and creative. But what has been bugging me for over a year now: It always shows me that no additional pack is required. This is why I take the long way, click on the builders name, search the creation in their stuff and check for the packs they used. If the account where I'm getting the notification is uploading something the used packs get shown.

I don't know if this is maybe even connected with the fact that one can't properly search for creations with only packs I own or have picked. I think there might be a connection but I'm not sure.

Is there going to be a fix for this gallery issue? Am I the only one who's having this problem because I don't own all the packs?

I would also like to be able to search the gallery for builds that don't use "move objects on". Sometimes I see it in the discription, sometimes it's noted in the simmer's profile that they use #moo. I have no idea what would happen if I placed a build without #moo on. I feel like that should be an additional category.

And while I'm at it: If a simmer has used CC in their builds and it's not specifically noted in the discription - what will happen? Will it just get replaced in a builf or in a sim or removed? I have to download the CC from the pages that provide them and it won't automatically get downloaded via the gallery, right? Not to mention that it's plain rude to use the CC and not credit the creator. But at the same time the discription field seems too small to add everything into it. I have tried adding all the packs as hashtags - and have started to limit my use of packs in something if I plan on uploading.

Seriously, the gallery could really use an overhaul where all above mentioned issues should get addressed.

Message 1 of 4 (719 Views)

Re: Gallery doesn't show the used packs when someone I follow favourites somethi

@ChocoBetty  I can't answer all the questions because I don't know the Gallery that well.  But two of them are easy.  If a build was created with MOO but you don't activate the cheat when placing it, some items could disappear: the game may read them as overlapping and delete some of them.  It shouldn't corrupt your game, but you'll still want to check the build for missing items, as well as test its routing.

Custom content does not get uploaded to the Gallery regardless of whether a creator uses it.  If you don't have the relevant cc installed when you place a build, the game will attempt to replace the missing items with reasonable equivalents, just as it would for items that belong to a pack you don't own.  If there are no good equivalents, the items will simply be removed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This gallery post is knitting themed and clearly has knitting pack items (as well as items from other packs) but says it has no pack- specific content. Other posts I looked at today had included packs listed. 

Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

Hero
@fancyplant93 Looks like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Info-not-displaying-properly-in-gallery-when/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)