Re: Gallery - Creators flooding hashtags of non-white sims with white characters

by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

Gallery - Creators flooding hashtags of non-white sims with white characters

★ Apprentice

This is actually something that has been bothering me for a LONG time, and I want to know if there is a solution for it. For a long time now a certain gallery creator has been making thousands upon thousands of white blonde sims and giving them hashtags like #selvadorada and #asian and #arabian. I noticed this because I like to make sims who are hispanic or South American, and #Selvadorada used to be the best hashtag to use for it. However, if you look for the most popular sims under this category you will see THOUSANDS of the same two or three sims copied over and over. It is the same for arabian sims and asian sims. This creator is deliberately using these tags on every white sim they create in order to flush out all non-white sims, and has been largely successful. This has been going on for over a year.

I don't mean to call out ir single out one creator or cause bullying, but this is actually a huge problem for those of us who want to find sims on the gallery who aren't white. All I'm asking for is a way to BLOCK certain creators on the gallery. I know that some of you reading this don't care or don't think that it's a big deal, but it sends a really awful message to non-white people who want to play this game, especially younger people. We should be allowed to block creators who flood certain hashtags so we can actually see what we want to see in them. It also gives creators who don't unscrupulously flood the gallery a chance to have their creations seen.

I have included pictures of the first thing you see when you search "Selvadorada" and "Arabian" under the most popular category.

Message 1 of 2 (1,353 Views)

Re: Gallery - Creators flooding hashtags of non-white sims with white characters

★★★★ Guide

But it IS a big deal. Hopefully someone from EA will address this post.

Message 2 of 2 (1,285 Views)