by gooochyeee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GTW] Doctor Career: Not Enough NPC Doctors Spawn

★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All Game Pack (except OR and STJTB) All Stuff Packs (except LPSP, SSP, RGSP, KRSP, MFPSP) All Kits (except TFK, BDK, COK, FSK)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the doctor career.
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll find a lack of staff with alot of paitents. Whereas in the other carears like dectective they are alot of npc police officers
What do you expect to see? More doctors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

OTher careers dont do this not sure why this one does

Message 3 of 11 (2,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Doctor Career: Not Enough NPC Doctors Spawn

Community Manager

Hi there @gooochyeee,

The doctor career works a bit differently from the other careers with Get to Work- you'll only see other doctors at level 1 of the career. After you've leveled up in the career, you'll be the only doctor on the lot, the other employees you see are nurses and will only chat with the patients but will not tend to their needs. You'll need to treat and care for all the patients yourself and make sure you're managing your time well enough so none of them get frustrated and leave. 

Are you not seeing any other employees at all on the lot, like any nurses? 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (1,991 Views)

All Replies

Doctor Career, NPC's should get to work! Even just a little...

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs, city living, cottage living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, highs school years, island living, seasons, snow escape dine out, dream home decorator, jungle adventure, my wedding stories, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, spa day, strangerville, vampires, werewolves backyard stuff, bowling night, cool kitchen, fitness, kids room, laundry day, luxury party, moschino, movie hangout, my first pet, nifty knitting, paranormal, perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky, tiny living, toddler vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Doctor career, going into work with your sim with Get to Work gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC's do nothing. The functioning of the hospital is void of any activity at all, and becomes overwhelming and way less fun than its potential. Patients continue to come in and overcrowd the front desk. Other hospital staff stands around completely idol.
What do you expect to see? It would be so much more realistic and fun if the NPC's working with you handled some patients, even 2 a day and go on break or work in the lab to give you time with the patients. Or even one staff member helping to admit patients to beds available would make a world of difference.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

no pictures to show

Message 1 of 11 (2,216 Views)

Re: Doctor Career, NPC's should get to work! Even just a little...

Champion
@tayelizabeth718 There are threads on this subject going all the way back to 2015 believe it or not, it's been a regular complaint on the forum and elsewhere.
I'm not sure if it will ever be addressed but they did finally fix the broken surgical animations and T posing so that may be an indicator that they are looking at hospital functionality. So here's hoping.
It is an impossible task for one Sim to deal with absolutely everything, even in an extended work day. Including cleaning the floors and fixing broken equipment. I really dislike how it makes it seem that your Sim is a failure when they haven't treated every single patient, tidied all the beds and left the place gleaming...and completed a housecall too. They have tasks set out for them plus a hospital full of patients...so which do you prioritise because you can't do all of it. It's a lose lose situation and work performance actually suffers if you don't just methodically tick off your list of tasks and ignore the queue at the reception desk.
It always bothers me more when my child Sims arrive at the desk looking peaky and clutching their little heads and my Sims drop everything to treat them and half of the other patients walk out!
I also get staff that just block the way so my Sim can't move. They just stand there motionless and you can't get past them.
Maybe they could introduce something like they have at the science lab where you can direct staff to do something. If that's already intended, then I certainly can't do that in my game but I've never made it to the top of the profession because of the bugs.
It's also totally unrealistic to have a doctor career as a promotion from a nursing career as they are 2 distinct career choices...plus it's more than a little insulting to nurses!
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 11 (2,164 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there @gooochyeee,

The doctor career works a bit differently from the other careers with Get to Work- you'll only see other doctors at level 1 of the career. After you've leveled up in the career, you'll be the only doctor on the lot, the other employees you see are nurses and will only chat with the patients but will not tend to their needs. You'll need to treat and care for all the patients yourself and make sure you're managing your time well enough so none of them get frustrated and leave. 

Are you not seeing any other employees at all on the lot, like any nurses? 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 11 (1,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@EA_SolaireHi, My sim is level 3 (Form Highschool Years graduated with honours). There is 1 assistant/receptionist who wont assign them beds. And 1 Nurse who does as you said and chats. If only 2 other staff members on lot is by design, sorry for waisting your time

Message 5 of 11 (1,950 Views)

Community Manager

@gooochyeee 

No worries, happy to take a look at this with you! It does sound like what you're seeing is by design, so I've moved your post from the bug section over to the feedback section instead Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 11 (1,940 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@EA_Solaire Yeah I really appricate it, you can go ahead and lock it I do not wish the pursue this any further
Message 7 of 11 (1,934 Views)

Doctor Career Coworkers Don't Help

★★★★★ Guide

Platform:PlayStation 5
What is your current game version number? 1.70
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick the Doctor Career and follow the Sim to the active career lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? None of your coworkers help with any of the workload at the hospital.
What do you expect to see? Okay so I might be expecting a lot but I honestly was hoping to see other coworkers help run the hospital. I expect the orderly to assign patients to their exam beds when they become available. I expect other doctor Sims to help tend to the patients. I expect the receptionist to greet the patients so they might sit down and wait for their turn. I don't expect to have to do everything at every single task at every single job level. What's interesting is that up until I think level 3 you can transfer a patient's case to a doctor and then you are able to administer the treatment. I like this option. It helps spread the workload.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 8 of 11 (2,073 Views)

Re: Doctor Career Coworkers Don't Help

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, my Doctor is level 10 Chief of Staff and I don't care if patients get frustrated and leave. I'm the Chief of Staff, not the front desk. I only show patients to beds if I run out of patients.  I'm more focused on providing quality care to the patients who are already checked in. I don't goof off but I don't rush and make misdiagnoses, either.

Also, I find a lot of the nurses and orderlies useless; they just chat with the patients and prevent me from treating them.

Message 9 of 11 (1,769 Views)

Re: Doctor Career Coworkers Don't Help

★★★★★ Pro
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I agree. Nurses and orderlies should be treating paitents or atleast we have other doctors who can do their jobs while I fufill other tasks. It's put me off playing the career because of this
Message 10 of 11 (1,748 Views)