Re: [GT] Limit to the Number of Clubs

by DMDragonCT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GT] Limit to the Number of Clubs

★★★★★ Guide

To Whom it May Concern,

Over the years, I have repeatedly seen players ask the question whether there is a limit to the number of clubs from Get Together one can have in the game. Even EA_Mai once said over on the forums that she doesn't know if there is one. I myself could never find any information on the subject either.

Well, I have finally hit that limit:

At 234 clubs, it becomes troublesome adding new members to existing ones and trying to create a new club will consistently cause an infinite in-game loading progress when exiting the club management panel.

I'm aware that the game was probably never designed to hold THAT many clubs, but someone might be interested to know that there is indeed a limit to the total number of clubs one can have.

Happy Simming!

Message 1 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Here's my final update on the number of clubs (as it is most unlikely that this will ever be changed):

The absolute limit of clubs the game can have is still 234 clubs. (It is not possible to create and save a 235th)

However, it is important to note that once there are more than 230 clubs in your save file, that the game becomes highly unstable. For example, changes made to existing clubs don't save, or it might take multiple attempts to add a new member to any club, it might even lead to a crash. Worse is the fact that it affects build mode as well: Changes made to existing lots might not "stick" and revert back to their original state before entering build mode even as the world view might show an incorrect new (but unsaved) version. These are just some of the issues I have identified to occur once the total number of clubs is more than or equal to 231. (I've had 229 clubs running without problems for more than a year, which seems to be the best upper limit, because it still lets you create a club on the fly if needed in order to delete another one later on without issues.)

I therefore highly recommend to keep the total number of clubs in any one save file below 230!

Happy Clubbing!

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (980 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

W0W! 234 clubs?  That is an amazing number of clubs!  {{Shock}}

That must have taken forever to set them up. Your hard work is appreciated.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 4 (1,077 Views)

Champion

@DMDragonCT, thanks for sharing the results of your hard work!   That is fascinating, if not a bit scary to think of 234 clubs! Shocked  You tested this in the game so we don't have to! Angel  Thanks again! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (1,066 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Here's my final update on the number of clubs (as it is most unlikely that this will ever be changed):

The absolute limit of clubs the game can have is still 234 clubs. (It is not possible to create and save a 235th)

However, it is important to note that once there are more than 230 clubs in your save file, that the game becomes highly unstable. For example, changes made to existing clubs don't save, or it might take multiple attempts to add a new member to any club, it might even lead to a crash. Worse is the fact that it affects build mode as well: Changes made to existing lots might not "stick" and revert back to their original state before entering build mode even as the world view might show an incorrect new (but unsaved) version. These are just some of the issues I have identified to occur once the total number of clubs is more than or equal to 231. (I've had 229 clubs running without problems for more than a year, which seems to be the best upper limit, because it still lets you create a club on the fly if needed in order to delete another one later on without issues.)

I therefore highly recommend to keep the total number of clubs in any one save file below 230!

Happy Clubbing!

Message 4 of 4 (981 Views)