[GF] It's Official, NPC Celebrities Are Ruining My Game

by canelacaliente

Original Post

[GF] It's Official, NPC Celebrities Are Ruining My Game

★★★ Pro

I hate it because everywhere my Sim goes she runs into 2 celebrities.  There are not lower-ranked celebrities.  These are the ones that are highly ranked.  They appear at the library, the park, the museum, everywhere. I see them walking around my neighborhoods. They also show up and randomly knock on my Sim's door.

I would like to see more restrictions on celebrities and just keep them in Del Sol Valley or their respective neighborhoods.

Message 1 of 10 (1,132 Views)

Re: [GF] It's Official, NPC Celebrities Are Ruining My Game

Champion (Retired)

@canelacaliente 

If you know them they will come around occasionally to say Hi. Just like your friends in real life might do. If you ignore them the friendship will quickly drop to a level where they stop coming by.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Pro
@jpkarlsen I am not friends with the celebrity Sims. I don't know them. They just randomly know on my Sim's door.
Message 3 of 10 (1,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@canelacaliente I've seen this in my game. Everywhere you go, there's Judith Ward strolling along. I don't know if it's just a celeb problem or just the game using the same exact sims on every lot problem. I have both. It does seem a little off.

Why is A 3 star celeb knocking on my nobody sims door? They can't even say hi. It's very awkward.

I'd very much like it if Celebs and NPC sims were restricted to their own worlds even a little.

Message 4 of 10 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PoptartJuniper

I tried for quite a while to make a mod, like a lot trait, that would keep celebs off the lot, but I was never able to figure out how to do it. I'd like something like that also.
Message 5 of 10 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Psychotps Have you tried editing the existing lot traits that come with Get Famous game to restrict the lots and neighborhoods to only Sims with a certain celebrity level instead of creating a new lot trait?
Message 6 of 10 (1,022 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@canelacaliente Lol.

That was the FIRST thing I tried. Loaded up the celeb hot-spot lot trait, figured I could "reverse" it, instead of making them show up more, make them appear less? Didn't work.
Message 7 of 10 (1,009 Views)

★★ Guide

@canelacaliente Yes in my game too but some of them are my celeb sims, I have one celeb sim who have been stalking one of my sims house like crazy, his there everyday. Right now if I was to return to that same sim house his there running up to the door, I posted about this sim also having issues lifting his head too. I 04-19-21_9-08-54 PM.png04-19-21_9-13-46 PM.png04-19-21_10-18-45 AM.png

Message 8 of 10 (974 Views)

★★★ Pro

I agree. I would like them restricted to their own worlds as they do with pets unless the player adds in a lot trait to have them appear in other worlds. It would have been simpler if they applied the same reasoning.  I asked the SimGurus about this. their response was that they didn't want to restrict the game.

Message 9 of 10 (898 Views)

★★★ Guide
@canelacaliente The worst is when celebrates show up AT YOUR DOOR but you can't talk to them.... and sometimes just let themselves in... like, excuse me??? They act like normal NPCs but they aren't. If they are not going to be restricted, then they should not act like normal NPCs! Normal sims cannot interact with as such!
Message 10 of 10 (867 Views)