Re: Fridge Inventory Bug?

by PugLove888

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@PugLove888Hello. I tried with new Save Game, newly created Sim in a new house on a different lot. I also uninstall my entire Sims 4 game, re-download everything fresh. Still can't solve the problem.

But I noticed that :
1) It won't happen if I put in a "Single serving" dish. The Sim will happily grab leftover if I put "Single" dish in the fridges. The glitch will only happen if I use "Family size" / "Party size" dish.

2) Surprisingly, after I left the lot (as you suggested) and traveled and came home, it fixes the glitch. It somehow resets the inventory or something like that. (which is good news to me!) BUT...
if I pulled out the dish, and re-insert it back into the fridge, that glitch is back again! LOL. Meaning, the problem will only happen with "newly" stored dishes.

Anyway, I really think this glitch has nothing to do with my existing Sims, or save game or lots that I created, or even any Mod/CC. How could it happen even with a freshly installed game with no Mods or old save game etc...

I guess I would have to just leave my lot and then back to the lot in order to fix the problem temporarily.

But hey, thanks for your help!

Message 11 of 14 (285 Views)

Champion

@Simbeanothanks for the update! Angel

I didn't even try it with the single serving leftovers, but I didn't try it with the Party serving leftovers either.  I had a family of 3 that I tested with so I only made Family servings!  Granted the glitch happens in your game does happen with the Family size servings, but you do bring up a good point that different serving sizes don't all act the same! 

Yes, for some reason traveling with your Sims and back often resets everything! Not exactly a preventative measure, but it is a good workaround!  I recommend doing this any time your Sims act funny.  It doesn't take much time or effort and it can't hurt! 

This does sound more like a bug since it keeps happening over and over after each time you clear it.Wondering The only way I know of things still messing up from Mods and CC is if you fail to delete the localthumbcache.package file , since leaving it can often mean you are leaving corrupted data behind. But since you did that then that clearly isn't happening here!   

I couldn't' find any existing Bug Reports on this problem (there could be one, but I didn't find it!).  You can make a Bug Report on this is you think it is bothersome enough Wink https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

In the meantime, Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 14 (269 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't use the refrigerator properly because of that error. I want it to be perfectly shared or separated.

Message 13 of 14 (198 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I used to have two fridges (one in the nursery, one in the kitchen) in a couple of saves (ironically the same house in two different saves--Ophelia Villa).  Some things I noticed:

1. They always want to use the last installed fridge for everything.  If I tell them to cook in the kitchen, they walk into the nursery to get ingredients, then carry them into the kitchen to chop and cook.  Super annoying.

2. They do share an inventory, but if I say get leftovers at the same time I have to be super specific.  "Alexander, get leftover salad in the kitchen.  Cassandra, get leftover eggs and toast in the nursery."  Otherwise, they both go for the same dish and it's "in use" and pathing wave.  You have to open the fridge and select an individual dish and say "grab serving" and it has to be a different dish for each Sim.

I finally got rid of all second fridges because in one room the nursery was Alexander's tower, and I was sick of them walking up two flights of stairs every time they cooked. 

Message 14 of 14 (186 Views)