Frequent computer use

by GridironGuy88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frequent computer use

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but I have a child sim and instead of going to bed and doing the things she needs to do, she plays games on the computer for hours on end. Then when it’s time to go to school for example, she’s very tired because she hardly slept

Message 1 of 22 (588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frequent computer use

Champion (Retired)

@GridironGuy88 

The monster under the bed are easily solved by placing a nightlight in the room. I'm fond of the starry nightlight.

If you use autoresolve then they tend to just nap so specifically tell them to sleep. In a double bed they tend to sleep with autoresolve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 19 of 22 (560 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@GridironGuy88 

With your child sim selected click the bed and select Sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 22 (544 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen I’ve tried that several times. I’ve tried pausing it and playing again. I’ve even tried putting the computer in inventory and they just go do something else which makes then not sleep on time
Message 3 of 22 (519 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@GridironGuy88 Does the child sim have the active trait?
Message 4 of 22 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Sorry for the delay. No she doesn’t have an active trait. The only thing I can think of is in her storyline. A window popped up that said something like “is it ok to say that she likes video games?”
Message 5 of 22 (495 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@GridironGuy88 Ah, that would do it too. If they have a preference for an activity, they gravitate towards that activity over others. If the preference is too much, you can give your sim other preferences to balance it out or you should be able to remove it.

I was thinking active because my active or active lifestyle, or sims who love exercise will do everything else except sleep. The active sims rarely tire though, so it seems like they don't actually need hardly any sleep.
Message 6 of 22 (477 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GridironGuy88 

If your child sim goes to bed but immediately gets up again you need to eliminate noisemakers in the room (Stereos, TVs, windchimes and others) then when she is sent to bed to sleep she will do so only waking up if it is time for school/work or one of her needs go into red.

Message 7 of 22 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen She will get up in the middle of the night to go play on the computer but I don’t see anything in her room that would make noise. The only thing that comes close is a push-to-talk robot toy
Message 8 of 22 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Have you eco-Lifestyle? Is this sim born and raise by you or is it from gallery?

I had a similar problem as eco was released. My then-sim had many stuck NAPS and was always using her computer to play games/programming/Push-ups.

If you have ECO, please try these steps: (change Back to the Old Days for Fun-Loving Community) https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Losing-25-simolians/m-p/10542580#M53229

If this don’t work or you don’t have ECO please let your sim sleep in another room for testing purpose. If this too not work, you can share your sim in the gallery so that we can have a look on this problem sim.

Message 9 of 22 (434 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GridironGuy88 

Does she get up immediately? If so something is waking her up.

If she sleep for a while and then get up to briefly look at some decoration before deciding to use the computer then it is a known issue that is caused by having a liking for a particular style. In that case remove that Item.

Message 10 of 22 (422 Views)