Re: Freeplay?

by JonaO703

Original Post

Freeplay?

★ Novice

I am used to playing the Sims 1... with free play.. (old game i know lol)  where the Sim wouldn't just f around and do whatever regardless.. is there a way to take that off so there is free play? Otherwise this kind of sucks just watching my sim do whatever also idk how i'm going to check this, just typed in the question on a message board soo.. u can email me at [edit: email address removed] thanks dawgs.

becca

Message 1 of 8 (460 Views)

★ Novice

i guess i'll be refreshing lol

Message 2 of 8 (456 Views)

Champion

Hi @sookieshallow !  I'm not sure what you mean by "free play" but based on your description, I think you want to turn off autonomy and have full control of your sim.  If that's correct, you can turn off autonomy through the game options.  While in the game, click the three-dot options menu, then select Game Options.  Select the Gameplay tab.  The Autonomy drop down allows you to turn off autonomy for the entire played household and / or you can check the box to disable autonomy for the selected (active) sim.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 8 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@sookieshallow By freeplay do you mean The Sims Freeplay?
Message 4 of 8 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@sookieshallow Do you mean free will?
Message 5 of 8 (405 Views)

★ Novice

Yes this is what I am talking about I guess I got the name wrong lol but I will try that method today thank you Standard smile 

Message 6 of 8 (379 Views)

★ Novice

From the replies I can tell I got the name wrong but i mean I want full control of my sim.

Message 7 of 8 (378 Views)

Champion

@sookieshallow Hey!  No worries.  People use lots of different terms for things.  I don't always know the "right" terms so I wasn't trying to "correct" you. lol  Anyway, the main thing is to check that box to disable autonomy for selected sim so they don't run off and do things that you don't want them to do.   If you have multiple sims in a household, then "full" autonomy allows the non-selected (non-active) sims to do whatever they want while you play the selected (active) sim.  I usually disable autonomy for everyone because I'm a bit of a control freak. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 8 (367 Views)