Re: Forest Hideaway-Hidden Away?

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forest Hideaway-Hidden Away?

★★ Novice

Hi!  I am currently building on the Forest Hideaway lot in Granite Falls and when I removed the house, there are 3 paths of what look like yellow footsteps to the center of the lot but then there's nothing else.  Does anyone know what this is?  Could something be buried here or is it just a weird glitch?  I also tried to remove it with the erase terrain tool but nothing happened.  Thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 7 (739 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Aleksandra122003 I just went into "Forest Hideaway" in Granite Falls and bulldozed the house. This is what the terrain looks like without the house:

2.jpg
Since in your screenshot you still have the plants, can I assume you didn't delete the home via the bulldoze? Please try using the bulldozer to see if this helps remove the footprints. You could also try using the sledgehammer tool on the footprints.
In my lot if I then bulldoze the terrain, this is what the ground looks like:
1.jpg
There are no footprints, and the other terrain paint looks different, plus yours has added plants. I have a few thoughts:

• Did you try to bulldoze the terrain? This is not the same as the eraser tool. To bulldoze terrain click the bulldozer icon, then from the dropdown select bulldoze terrain - the bottom option.
  • You could try a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
  • Where did the home come from that was on the lot before you bulldozed the home? Is it the one that came with the game, or a renovation downloaded from the gallery? Did you ever play it as a crime scene?
  • If you downloaded a lot from the gallery there could have been a crime scene that was not properly cleaned up. 

If the footprints are from a crime scene, and cannot be deleted via normal methods, there is a method that has worked for some people:

Please try renting a house next to this one, move in, then go with the sim to visit the other house (visit the house with the problem). Then re-try editing the house again and see if the footprints have cleared out.

I look forward to hearing back from you on these thoughts.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (705 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Aleksandra122003 I just went into "Forest Hideaway" in Granite Falls and bulldozed the house. This is what the terrain looks like without the house:

2.jpg
Since in your screenshot you still have the plants, can I assume you didn't delete the home via the bulldoze? Please try using the bulldozer to see if this helps remove the footprints. You could also try using the sledgehammer tool on the footprints.
In my lot if I then bulldoze the terrain, this is what the ground looks like:
1.jpg
There are no footprints, and the other terrain paint looks different, plus yours has added plants. I have a few thoughts:

• Did you try to bulldoze the terrain? This is not the same as the eraser tool. To bulldoze terrain click the bulldozer icon, then from the dropdown select bulldoze terrain - the bottom option.
  • You could try a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
  • Where did the home come from that was on the lot before you bulldozed the home? Is it the one that came with the game, or a renovation downloaded from the gallery? Did you ever play it as a crime scene?
  • If you downloaded a lot from the gallery there could have been a crime scene that was not properly cleaned up. 

If the footprints are from a crime scene, and cannot be deleted via normal methods, there is a method that has worked for some people:

Please try renting a house next to this one, move in, then go with the sim to visit the other house (visit the house with the problem). Then re-try editing the house again and see if the footprints have cleared out.

I look forward to hearing back from you on these thoughts.

Message 2 of 7 (706 Views)

Champion
As far as i can see, @SheriGR and @Aleksandra122003, this lot belongs to the Hermit of Granite Falls and I guess those footsteps were hers. I am not entirely sure what will happen to the Hermit after you bulldozed her home. She will still be part of the game but probably not in the world anymore. She might or might not water the plants in the Hideaway.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 7 (633 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos @Aleksandra122003 No worries. "Forest Hideaway" is a rental cabin/lot in Granite Falls. The hermit's home is in a hidden lot. Bulldozing "Forest Hideaway" will not effect the hermit, as it is not his/her home. 
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/worlds/granitefalls-hermit.php

Message 4 of 7 (607 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

Yep, @SheriGR, you are right as ever. It has been too long that I played in Granite Falls. I need to go on holiday more often! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 5 of 7 (583 Views)

★★ Novice
@SheriGR All I had to do was bulldoze the terrain. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question!
Message 6 of 7 (562 Views)

Champion

@Aleksandra122003 I'm so happy to hear it worked and you're all set.😁 Have fun and thanks for letting us know!! 🏠

Message 7 of 7 (545 Views)