For the Hoard Achievement - Can't Complete?

by kyoung1203

Original Post

For the Hoard Achievement - Can't Complete?

★★★★ Novice

I have been trying to complete the "For the Hoard!" achievement. In the achievements window, it says I have completed 14/15 collections. But, my Sim has completed the following:

1. Frogs

2. Gardening

3. MySims Trophies

4. Metals

5. Crystals

6. Elements

7. Postcards

8. Fossils

9. Microscope Prints

10. Space Prints

11. Aliens

12. Space Rocks

13. Fish

14. Insects

15. Geodes

16. Magic Beans

Am I just missing one of the required ones for this achievement? Or is the game not recognizing this achievement?

I do not use any mods. I just backed up/reset my game. I have also just attempted the repair option in Origin - all to no avail.

I have the following expansion/game/stuff packs:

-Discovery University

-Get Famous

-Seasons

-Cats & Dogs

-City Living

-Get Together

-Get to Work

-Parenthood

-Dine Out

-Spa Day

-Outdoor Retreat

-Tiny Living

-My First Pet

-Laundry Day

-Fitness

-Vintage Glamour

-Movie Hangout

-Cool Kitchen

-Holiday Celebration 

-Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

Any guidance is appreciated! I REALLY don't want to do all these over again. Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (1,659 Views)

Re: For the Hoard Achievement - Can't Complete?

Champion (Retired)

@kyoung1203 
That is a difficult achievement that I have only rarely completed.
Most of the existing achievements are base game related.

A while ago I made myself a spreadsheet for an easy reference to different game features etc.

These collections should be counted towards the For the Hoard Achievement.

Base Game
Crystals
Elements
Fish
Fossils
Frogs
Gardening
Metals
Microscope Prints
MySims Trophies
Postcards
Space Prints
Space Rocks

Special Events
Decorative Eggs
Magic Beans
Positivity Posters
Sugar Skulls

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 7 (1,625 Views)

★ Apprentice

So basically we can not do this acheivement if we were not here for those events? I tried using the object cheat only to find out that it actually does not work anymore. This is so frustrating, what a waste of time all that collecting was. Disappointed

Message 3 of 7 (1,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game decided it was happy once I completed the city poster collection. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks, @EuphorialQueen!

Message 4 of 7 (1,579 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@victoria_cat409 wrote:

So basically we can not do this achievement if we were not here for those events? I tried using the object cheat only to find out that it actually does not work anymore. This is so frustrating, what a waste of time all that collecting was. Disappointed

All is not lost for the event items.
Special Event Items:

Decorative Eggs, Magic Beans, Positivity Posters and Sugar Skulls

These items are all in the debug menu.
The cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and sort by debug allows you to find all these items.
For console users that prefer not to use cheats (some cheats with interfere with achievements) these items have been shared on the gallery.
Gallery user @mcrudd  has a wonderful variety of rooms of collectibles.
You can also find collections shared as rooms by @SheriGR  and myself @EuphorialQueen  on the gallery.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 5 of 7 (1,566 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you. I was able to get them through the debug mode all except the positivity posters but ended up getting the acheivement without those anyways, the one I was missing was the City Posters like the OP so thank you for the information. Now my game wont launch though because of the aggravating 134 error that EA is not fixing. At least I was able to get the acheievment before it messed up though.

Message 6 of 7 (1,537 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@victoria_cat409 
Is this the error you are getting?
[CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-Error-code-134-b378c837/m-p/9205967#M1396...
The EA Sims Team is aware and investigating the issue to hopefully have a solution soon.

For those interested:

Kindness Collection / Positivity Posters

Spoiler

Kindness Ambassador Collection Grin and Bear It! / It Happen / Paradise Falls / The Sealinicorn, In Repose /

Box of Kindness Compiled by #EQCreations #KindnessAmbassador #KindnessCollection
Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/19AD34F427FA11E98C1D795DCB646EBF

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 7 (1,516 Views)