Re: Food not visible even when servings remain

by crinrict

Original Post

Food not visible even when servings remain

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set a dish of cooked food out on counter and leave there for awhile.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though the cursor shows the dish has servings left, no food is visible on dish. Looks like an empty plate. I come back to the room later in the game and food is back. Then disappears again. Some food shows up while other food is missing.
What do you expect to see? The appropriate food on dish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2020 game update and added Eco Living.

I have the Fresh Chef aspiration so my food never spoils. I set a dish for breakfast and a dish for dinner out on the counter for my Sims to eat during the day. I thought they had finished off one of the dishes because the plate was empty but when I put my cursor over it, it said five servings remained. I couldn't see the food though. The plate next to it had roast chicken, which I could see  with no problem. Came back later and the fruit salad now was showing but the chicken plate was empty and my apple pie had disappeared. Both still had servings available. When the Sims grab a serving, the food shows up on their plates, just not in the main serving dish. 

Message 1 of 6 (571 Views)

Hero

Hi  @kidlitwriter 

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Also: Could you post a picture of your ingame graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (554 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.4

MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019

Processor 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Sorry, tried to screenshot it but your page wouldn't let me scroll down once I dropped the pic so I could click done. 

Message 3 of 6 (529 Views)

Hero
@kidlitwriter Can you use the file attach button ? The embedding is a bit broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (511 Views)

Hero
@kidlitwriter The embedding should be fixed now. Could you try uploading again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (473 Views)

Hero
@kidlitwriter Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (450 Views)