Re: Food Stalls stopped lighting up at night!

by suzushka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Food Stalls stopped lighting up at night!

★★ Apprentice

Omg! If it’s not one thing it’s another!

none of the food stalls when my sims are out and about will light up at night. This also includes festivals. 

see pic below for better clarification:

They use to light up and now they don’t. Am I missing something?!

Message 1 of 4 (611 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @KeepCalmNancy - lol, is your username a reminder to yourself? I used to have something kinda like that in the center of my Civic's steering wheel.  (:

Can you do a quick test by starting a new game to see if the problem is reproducible in a fresh world?  I attached a screenshot because I actually had a hard time figuring out how to do this the first time (I think symbols dominate text when I interpret information on screens, so the fact that it's right under the large symbol for play rendered it nearly invisible to me at first).  Also, are you using any CC or mods?  Lmk.  Cheers.

Edit: There's another quick test that *might* be helpful - with a specific caveat.  If you can identify a saved version of your current world that you are certain pre-dates this bug, you could try loading that save to see what your food stalls are doing.  If you don't have a specific memory to use as a frame of reference or otherwise aren't certain you're loading a file that pre-dates the bug, I wouldn't bother with this test (you wouldn't be able to draw any definite conclusions in that circumstance).  Last, if you do load an old save, I recommend closing it without saving.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (561 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @KeepCalmNancy - lol, is your username a reminder to yourself? I used to have something kinda like that in the center of my Civic's steering wheel.  (:

Can you do a quick test by starting a new game to see if the problem is reproducible in a fresh world?  I attached a screenshot because I actually had a hard time figuring out how to do this the first time (I think symbols dominate text when I interpret information on screens, so the fact that it's right under the large symbol for play rendered it nearly invisible to me at first).  Also, are you using any CC or mods?  Lmk.  Cheers.

Edit: There's another quick test that *might* be helpful - with a specific caveat.  If you can identify a saved version of your current world that you are certain pre-dates this bug, you could try loading that save to see what your food stalls are doing.  If you don't have a specific memory to use as a frame of reference or otherwise aren't certain you're loading a file that pre-dates the bug, I wouldn't bother with this test (you wouldn't be able to draw any definite conclusions in that circumstance).  Last, if you do load an old save, I recommend closing it without saving.

Message 2 of 4 (562 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@suzushka Haha at times it’s meant to serve as a reminder, but honestly, it hasn’t been working lol.
Actually the KeepCalm is simply meant to represent my love for London Standard smile.

Also, thank you so much for responding, and for attaching a visual instruction, like you, I sometimes look harder for things than I really should, leading me to completely overlook things as well lol,

I only have one lot that is cc, however, after following your instructions of starting a new game, it seems to have worked!! 😃😃

The only problem is that I really love the storyline I was working with in the previous game Frown. Is there anyway to salvage it onto the new game?...
Message 3 of 4 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@KeepCalmNancy 

Awesome-sauce!  IMHO, I would probably just live with the unlit food stalls if that was the only problem and the only solution was starting a new game from scratch.  Wink 

But...we're actually going to try to fix your current world. (:

By testing the new game, we know the source of the problem is localized with your current played world and is most likely due to outdated CC/mods or a minor data corruption issue originating in a recent save. I'm listing two quick, targeted suggestions to try first.  If you don't recover fully-functional night-time illuminated-when-occupied food stalls in your current world, consider moving on to the third option (follow the process outlined in link and attached file).  It's a bit time-consuming, but in addition to systematically evaluating your user data (lots, saves, mods/cc, etc), it checks/replaces any wonky Sims 4 operational files or file structure.

1. I don't use CC/mods myself, primarily b/c I get the distinct impression that they can suddenly introduce bizarre bugs that are seemingly unrelated to the CC/mod itself. And you have to be pretty diligent in managing them.  (I always feel maxed out on things I'm supposed to be diligent about. lol).  But if your CC is outdated and causing a problem, I think toggling off the two mod-enabling options in your game *should* let you check if that resolves your bug (see attached file).  
  2. Try loading previous saves of your current world and see if there's a version without the bug that you could live with starting from
  3. There's a straightforward process to repair and reset Sims 4 operational files and file structure. Then systematically test user data as described until you figure out which piece is causing your bug.
    • The reset process described in this link is platform-neutral.
    • It's also a good time to take care of Sims 4 file folder housekeeping like deleting old saves, screenshots etc. 
    • It can be a bit time consuming but is quite thorough. 
    • It's worth going through the process occassionally. 
    • You can transfer back any/all save files and pick up where you left off.
    • https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...
    • Finally, I usually run the repair function before I play.  See attached (b/c I already showed you New Game lol)

I hope this last paragraph doesn't apply to you, but in the spirit of full disclosure...

Sometimes when I've played a world for a long time, it eventually accumulates a few bugs or glitchy artifacts that I can't seem to resolve (probably an accumulation of minor losses in fidelity with repeated saves, but that's probably TMI).  If there's a solution to this, it's well outside the scope of what I'm capable of.  When I notice this happening, I start mentally preparing...and, when the bugs start to impede with fun, I'll start a new world.  I think I've only done this once in Sims 4 over the ~4y that I've been playing - it used to happen to me all the time in Sims 3 tho.

Message 4 of 4 (495 Views)