Re: Floor / room glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Floor / room glitch

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs except the latest one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Building a room and placing the rejuvenating hot spring on lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floor glitches... you can see, no floor or landscape from parts of game not on the lot or even normal flooring depending on the camera angle and closeness. Also cannot place anything in the rooms. Oddly, it doesn't happen to all of the rooms on the lot. Just some.
What do you expect to see? Normal floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Never noticed until last update.

I tried rebuilding the rooms, using all room tools and just placing rooms. I've deleted and replaced walls and floors and ceilings, repaired the game via Origin 3 times, etc. I tried everything for hours until I realized that there wasn't a problem until I placed the rejuvenating hot spring on the lot. I haven't tried it on every lot, but it happened on 2 different 64x64 lots.  Hopefully this might help anyone else go crazy trying to fix it.

Message 1 of 10 (945 Views)

Hero
@afiery1 Could you test if the same happens on a new save for testing purposes or if it's specific to that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (931 Views)

Hero
@afiery1 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I didn't see your response.

Once I took out the hot springs bath, it has been working fine.  Good question about trying it on a different save.  I will check and see.  Apparently no one else has had this problem, so that's good.  

Message 4 of 10 (850 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't know what the problem was before, but I cannot reproduce it with later saves.   I can add the rejuvenating hotspring to the lot now, and it no longer causes a glitch in the floors of nearby buildings.

Thanks

Message 5 of 10 (836 Views)

Hero
@afiery1 Moving this to general discussion then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (821 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@afiery1  I experienced this on one lot with a wide covering plattform, that I then dragged down an area within. Did you have different heights, made by plattforms, foundations etc on the lots it happened on?

There is a bug report that seems similar; if you want to read for reference?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Floor-keeps-disappearing-when-I-move-my-camera/td-...

Message 7 of 10 (757 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu That was an interesting thread. The glitch was only when looking at certain angles. 1st floors and walls would just disappear, but if I changed the camera angle, it looked fine. I wasn't using glass flooring. I did have one building with a glass roof, but not the building I had the glitch with. In fact, I changed the roof to regular roofing just to see if that made a difference at the time, but it did not. I didn't have different heights or use platforms. I am thinking it had something to do with a basement I'd taken out. I had put a new basement in, but didn't delete the old one. Just picked it up and removed it. When I realized later that you could delete a basement, I deleted the new basement and started over with the basement tool, hoping that would work. I don't know if that made a difference or not. I had assumed it was the hot spring bath because I didn't have a problem once I took it off of the lot. But looking back, I think I had deleted the basement and replaced it right before removing the hot spring, so perhaps I had to take the hot spring out in order for it to be completely fixed. But I'm just guessing here. I'm just glad that it's ok now. And hopefully, if anyone else has this problem, doing the things I did might help. Thanks.
Message 8 of 10 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@afiery1  Thank you. I would consider basements a height difference. I have also seen that on an old lot I made a long time ago, this kind of missing textures/blue void, on a wall of the basement, with an open room, without roof/floor on top, in front of it.

I have clicked Me Too on the bug report I linked, I hope you did too. 

Message 9 of 10 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@afiery1 When I first read your post I went to reply then decided not to. But I think I will go ahead and add this thought to @DonroaAkashu's great information (that topic with the disappearing flooring was huge  and I was on more than one with my info since I had a lot with the issue for a while)...

What I was going to add as a thought was that perhaps when you did one of your fixes it addressed the issue, but the glitch was still showing for you for a bit due to it being snagged in your cache? That may explain why you couldn't tell at exactly which point it cleared out in the game, and why you cannot reproduce it (if the glitch eventually cleared from cache on its own). Of course, this may not be the case, but just in case I thought I'd mention this for others who may check this post in the future.

Occasionally a fix does not seem to entirely take initially for cache reasons, and to make sure that's not the the issue you can clear out your cache after the fix:

Spoiler
How to delete cache:
• Exit your game and Origin
• Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4
• Delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder (your game will re-create this folder next time you open the game)

Directions on how to delete additional cache if needed:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

So glad it's all working for you now, though!  

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 10 of 10 (679 Views)