Re: Floor area not working, can't 'Go Here'

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Floor area not working, can't 'Go Here'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey ho,

I was just wondering if you could possibly offer any insight into why a certain area of my lot isn't working please?

I've attached a photo to help me describe the problem. You can see in the photo that there is plenty of space for my Sims to travel from where they're stood to the fire pit. However, when I click on that space, the only option is 'Build Sand Sculpture With...', no 'Go Here' or anything. And they won't walk across that area at all. To get to the fire pit, they jump in the water beside the stairs, swim all the way around the lot and then climb back onto land at the right side of the fire pit. It's so annoying.

There are a LOT of items on the lot, so I really don't want to go through every item and test if it's the cause.

When I bulldoze the lot, the area works as normal, they walk across it and can 'Go Here', so it must be caused by something I've done to the lot. Any clues?

Thank you

Message 1 of 25 (2,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

@itsjayffs 

Superb lot!

But the issue is the waterfall. Delete it and your Sim can walk around normally:

07-09-20_9:31:10 AM.png

07-09-20_9:31:32 AM.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 22 of 25 (2,260 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@itsjayffs I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

• Is this a lot that you made... or that you downloaded from the gallery?
  • Are there debug items on the lot, was MOO used, have items been resized, or do you (or did the builder) have Mods/CC that may have/be affecting the lot?
  • Do you have this issue on other lots in your game, or just this one - and only with this lot placed on it?
  • Which lot and in which world you are placing it?  

I know its a painful and laborious process sometimes (I spend more days on this than you want to know, so you have my sympathy), but sometimes troubleshooting is the only way to find out what's causing the issue. If you would like to upload this lot to the gallery and let me know the name of it, or if it's already there and you want to let me now the name and player's name, I'd be happy to test in my game.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 25 (2,115 Views)
Highlighted

@itsjayffs

Have you tried a different terrain paint on that spot?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 25 (2,081 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR wrote:

@itsjayffs I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

• Is this a lot that you made... or that you downloaded from the gallery?
  • Are there debug items on the lot, was MOO used, have items been resized, or do you (or did the builder) have Mods/CC that may have/be affecting the lot?
  • Do you have this issue on other lots in your game, or just this one - and only with this lot placed on it?
  • Which lot and in which world you are placing it?  

I know its a painful and laborious process sometimes (I spend more days on this than you want to know, so you have my sympathy), but sometimes troubleshooting is the only way to find out what's causing the issue. If you would like to upload this lot to the gallery and let me know the name of it, or if it's already there and you want to let me now the name and player's name, I'd be happy to test in my game.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It is a lot that I built and I have not had this problem before. I used MOO, resizing and a lot of debug items but no CC. I do have mods enabled but not any that have caused anything like this before. The mods I have are MCCC, Slice of Life and Personality, Please, which have never caused me any problems. Also, its it the Journey's End lot in Sulani.

And thank you for the offer! If we can't think of any ideas, I'll upload it and let you know the details. Then if you could let me know when you have it so I can remove it, that would be ace. Want to put as few people through this annoyance as possible! 

Message 4 of 25 (2,057 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote:
@itsjayffs

Have you tried a different terrain paint on that spot?

Hey, thanks for your reply. There is no terrain paint on the area atm. I tested using some floor tiles on the area and I could place them but it still made no difference in actually being able to use it.

Message 5 of 25 (2,052 Views)

Champion

@itsjayffs  Are you on now? If you want to up now? If you want to upload I can grab it now. Otherwise I would after sleeping, as it's late here. I will be up for about another 30 minutes.

Message 6 of 25 (2,043 Views)

@itsjayffs Uploading the lot would really help for testing Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 25 (2,042 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR wrote:

@itsjayffs  Are you on now? If you want to up now? If you want to upload I can grab it now. Otherwise I would after sleeping, as it's late here. I will be up for about another 30 minutes.

Hi, sorry I missed you. I'm available now but not available the next 8 hours or so but if you let me know when you're next available I'll keep checking on here and upload it for you if that's okay? Thank you so much for the offer. 

Message 8 of 25 (1,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@itsjayffs I have slept and am back on. You said you would be on in 8 hours in your note 5 hours ago. I will continue to watch for your message that you are back on beginning in about 3 hours. Thanks!

Message 9 of 25 (1,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR wrote:

@itsjayffs I have slept and am back on. You said you would be on in 8 hours in your note 5 hours ago. I will continue to watch for your message that you are back on beginning in about 3 hours. Thanks!

Sorry! I had to change my plans. I know you said it was late around now where you are so I'll try again in a few hours to see if you're on. If not I'll just upload it anyway with a warning that it needs fixing. Sorry for the mess about, I do appreciate your help!

Message 10 of 25 (1,892 Views)