Fish On a Stick?

by AprilTheSimmer96

Original Post

Re: Fish On a Stick?

Champion

@AprilTheSimmer96 , yes it is Luxury Party that has the fountain.  I use the the hair and makeup from that one a lot.  I rarely do parties in my game, but I still love the items! Large smile

You might like the Movie Hangout SP since it has a popcorn popper!  
Also the Dine Out GP, has food. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 24 (233 Views)

★★★ Expert

@AprilTheSimmer96  City Living has always been one of my favorite EPs. It was one of the first two EPs I added along with Get Together because I wanted the biggest worlds with the highest number of lots. San Myshuno makes for great variety from all of the other packs as it is the only one with a large urban world. It also has some amazing items in CAS. San Myshuno doesn't look very big if you look at it on the game map but there is a lot more to it than it seems. Many of the buildings contain multiple apartment units. Living in an apartment gives you more interaction with neighbors than you'd ever get in a regular residential lot. My current Sim has 8 other Sims in 3 different households in her building. That's not to say that sometimes you'll get a little more interaction from them than you'd really want xD If you count each apartment as a lot San Myshuno has 30 lots in all! If you get tired of small apartments and noisy neighbors there are several penthouse apartments with some amazing city views, plus one very nice regular residential lot. One thing I love about San Myshuno is that there is always something going on, especially in the Spice Market. Festivals, food stall vendors, street performers, tourists, weirdo Sims dressed in raccoon costumes, Sims playing basketball, kids on the playground, Sims walking around carrying cupcakes (I mean, what's up with that?), plus plenty of neighbors buzzing around, the Spice Market makes many other Sim neighborhoods seem like ghost towns. It's a very nice contrast from quiet, peaceful worlds like Sulani. And no worries about the weight gain from eating at the food stalls, jogging around the neighborhood for a few hours a week should be more than enough to keep a Sim's weight down.

Message 22 of 24 (222 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness , i agree with everything you said about City Living!  (alhthough my Sims seldom have time to do enough jogging.EmbarrassedLarge smile  That is why I love the diet ice cream from Cool Kitchen stuff, which @AprilTheSimmer96  already has.  For those Siims that are athletic, if they live in a penthouse then I like putting them on a teadmill while watching TV so they can multi-task loosing weight, gaining fitness skill, having fun, and if they are watching the cooking channel they can gain cooking skill.  Also if you place another treadmill by the first one, someone else can be on that one and they can talk and gain social at the same time !   I also do this for athletic Sims who don't live in San Myshuno. But when my Sims are pressed for time, nothing beats the diet ice cream. Wink)  

@AprilTheSimmer96 , also there is one house in San Myshuno called the Old Salt House.  The Spice Festival and the Romance Festival also have free harvestables .  My primary source of Cow Plant berries comes from the Spice Festival! Large smile  There are also random boxes that have snow globes in them for you to collect.  I often take my Sims to the festivals even if they live in another town!  And since you are a foodie like myself, there are 2 new skills you can earn (they act like personality traits).  They are being able to use chopsticks, and the Spice Hound trait that will eventually give your Sims a nice buff when they eat spicy food! 

Here are some pictures showing various City Living activities. Some of the clothing and hair are from this pack, but not all of it is. 

05-25-17_7-34-33 AM.png08-12-17_6-41-30 AM.png03-19-19_4-05-12 AM.png06-09-17_4-53-45 AM.png06-18-19_2-00-37 AM.png06-19-19_12-36-16 AM.png

This last picture is of the Humor and Hijinks Festival. If your Sim is low on money and you don't want to use a money cheat, this is a great way to get cash! Go to the festival and choose a side (Hijinks (purple drink)  rewards mischievous interaction, and Humor (yellow drink) rewards jokes) . If your team wins (who does the most interactions of their teams designation) they will be rewarded prizes that can be sold for cash, such as fireworks and either a golden microphone (worth 500 simoleons)  or a voodoo doll (worth 900 simoleons)!  But your team has to win! 

These are just a sample of some of what you can do with in this pack. I have more pictures, but I have to weed through hundreds of pictures to find relevant ones, so this is just a sample.  Perhaps @RandomBuzziness  can provide some covering stuff I didn't include! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 24 (211 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 @RandomBuzziness Thanks for the suggestions and info guys! 😃 The City Living pack sounds really fun! Definitely getting after Island Living! 😊 And I'll definitely join the Humor and Hijinks Festival. I have Maui doing Mischief interactions a lot (well, often since I wanna stay true to the movie here and he's mischievous in the movie), and sometimes I have my Sim doing Mischief interactions so I'll definitely have them on the same team (or to make things interesting put them on the opposite team). 😆

Also I think sometimes instead of having them live on Sulani all the time, I'll have them live in an apartment (maybe the penthouse ones because of the views RandomBuzziness mentioned), and maybe move their kids and even my Sim's first husband (who I created with my Sim when I first got the game) into some apartments too so they have family close by when they decide to live in the city for a bit. ☺️
Message 24 of 24 (205 Views)