by StarryMight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fire starting in toilet since Dec. 2020 update

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every one of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just have someone use the toilet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fire starts in toilet, doesn't matter if it's a man or woman or child who uses it.
What do you expect to see? See above.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started noticing sudden fires and didn't know where they were coming from.  My woman was all black from being on fire.  Then later there was another fire.  The toilet and bed were black from being on fire.  Then I finally spotted where the fires were coming from.  My man was peeing in the toilet and a fire started.  Then my boy was and it started a fire.  I removed all mods.  I just noticed it with the last update.

01-09-21_10-54-21 PM.png

Message 1 of 16 (1,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fire starting in toilet since Dec. 2020 update

Hero
@savedasims Do you upgrade your toilet to Composting Container ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (1,363 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@savedasims Do you upgrade your toilet to Composting Container ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,364 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@savedasims : Also, according to the patch notes for 1.65.70 (Nifty Knitting Stuff pre-patch from July 23rd, 2020)...

• Has this ever happened to you? Your Sims are in the privacy of their bathroom, and suddenly there is the smell of smoke? If your Sims have experienced a... “burning sensation” while satisfying their Bladder need - no more! Thanks to F1xABuG*. F1xABuG deals with all symptoms of flammable bladder functions, patch today!

*F1xABuG will not relieve all fire related incidents while in the bathroom, Sims still will possibly experience flammable encounters if they are Angry or have had Spicy Food. Fire may also still be experienced if Simmers have installed Eco Lifestyle and choose to Compost upgraded toilets with no Insect Farm on Lot. F1xABuG is not responsible for any other side effects, such as Reticulating Splines.

Are Angry moods and/or spicy food possibly involved, too?

Message 3 of 16 (1,341 Views)

★ Apprentice

Apparently I did without reading the details. Now I feel like an idiot.

Message 4 of 16 (1,295 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@savedasims : It's okay. Standard smile
Message 5 of 16 (1,260 Views)

sims4 fire toilet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by using the toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? toilet on fire
What do you expect to see? toilet on fire
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the pach that aded bunk beds

I do not have any recordings but every time I wach youtube the toilet caches on fire

Message 6 of 16 (1,338 Views)

Re: sims4 fire toilet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This happens if you have Eco Lifestyle.

If you have a Sim with the "handy" trait from finishing the Nerd Brain aspiration and they instant upgrade the toilet, it applies the "composting container" upgrade.  Or you might have added that upgrade manually.  Either way, that toilet almost certainly has a composting contaner. 

If you have a composting container and don't remove the compost the toilet catches fire.  The option to remove the compost doesn't appear unless you have an insect farm, however. 

If anyone wants to see this in action, LilSimsie's short lifespan legacy includes one of these toilets. 

Message 7 of 16 (1,306 Views)

Hero
@acoxshes Did you add the composting container upgrade ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@acoxshesIf you're not sure if you have the composting container, click upgrade and see if that option is already checked off.

Message 9 of 16 (1,248 Views)

Fire While Peeing

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them. I'm just missing snowy escape and a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim pees.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toilet and surrounding area, as well as my sim, set on fire.
What do you expect to see? He probably shouldn't light on fire while he's peeing.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It would just be nice to have my sim pee in peace...

Message 10 of 16 (1,350 Views)