Re: Finchwick Fair no ribbon

by Maysbat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Finchwick Fair no ribbon

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if you should get a partition ribbon with every competition they enter? The first two my sim did, I received a ribbon. The last few times the sims entered a competition they have never done before,  it hits 10:30 and I've received nothing and no notification about someone winning, just that the fair will be ending and to collect your items. Is this a Bug or is it just at random if you get a participation ribbon?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14 (3,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@wombatilim I created a bug report. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/No-ribbon-in-Finchwick-Fair/m-p/10550013/thread-id/192965

CM Edit:: Locking this thread, please use the above report to track this going forward. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (3,976 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I hit this on the one festival where I was busy running errands for the Mayor at the same time. I don't know for sure if that was the trigger, but it was also the only festival I've had an entry so far where I didn't get any notifications about how I placed.

Message 2 of 14 (3,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Huh ok, I did sell produce at the stalls but didn't do anything else. I will have to try doing nothing at all lol. Thank you!

Message 3 of 14 (3,270 Views)

Champion

@tyclm It will definitely help to become good friends with the mayor for she is also the judge at the fair. Try to give her a present (maybe even bribe her but that will not always work in your sims favor) 

You also should have some exceptional produce to display. Bring gold eggs, large aubergines etc. 

Hope that will help.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 14 (3,241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Trismagistos, do you know if you should get a participation ribbon and a notification every time you enter a competition?

Message 5 of 14 (3,219 Views)

Champion

@tyclm I am still finding it out!

I only had on fair to go to, and my teen sim got a ribbon and some fertilizer as price for showing a normal egg. Nothing fancy. I am not sure about the notification. I think the prices will be randomized. Like more in the Sims. The more your sims participate with more varied produce, the more prices your sim will be able to gain. Being friends with the locals (and especially the mayor) will surely help.

As soon as I find out more I will get back on this thread.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 14 (3,208 Views)

★★ Guide
@tyclm I kind of didn't get ribbon too. I mean I participated in two competiotion - oversized crop and a pie one. I did get ribbon for crops (even two cause both my sims won) but for a pie I didn't get anything and I thought you should get one for taking part of.
Message 7 of 14 (3,204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! Yea I didn't get anything nor info on who won for the pie and milk. I have a oversized crop coming up and I'm really hoping it doesn't happen with that one

Message 8 of 14 (3,197 Views)

★★ Guide
@tyclm I just went on the llama fair and my llama won but wool winner wasn't announced. So it's kind of look like a bug. But maybe you can only participate in one competition.
Message 9 of 14 (3,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think it's the multiple competitions because I only enter in one competition each time, milk and pie, and it happened to me. Yay bugs lol.

Message 10 of 14 (3,166 Views)