Re: Fighting Issue (Sims 4)

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fighting Issue (Sims 4)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay this may seem weird but ever since my Sims got skill 4 mischief,

My sim has been fighting with his husband and his friends... Hes Been fighting with everyone.

But it doesn't decrease, I haven't had this problem in 3 years on my old device.... I'm just asking if it's a glitch because this is Getting annoying.

Message 1 of 5 (2,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@xizac As far as I know the Mischief skill should not cause Sims to fight. There's an interaction called Slap 'em Silly but that comes at a higher skill level & it's not really fighting anyway. Do you have the Eco Lifestyle pack? If so, can you check if the Roughhousing Encouraged N.A.P. is active in your Sim's neighborhood? This N.A.P. will definitely cause Sims to autonomously start fights with other Sims. You can try to repeal this N.A.P. by clicking on the neighborhood voting board or your Sim's mailbox while the voting period is active or you can shift + click cheat on either one of those and instantly repeal it at any time.

Roughhousing Encouraged.JPG

With the Seasons pack there is a random holiday called Neighborhood Brawl Day that might cause Sims to start fighting, but that only comes no more than one time each Sim-year and the fighting only lasts for the day of the holiday. You can cancel that holiday in your calendar anytime you want.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,742 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@xizac As far as I know the Mischief skill should not cause Sims to fight. There's an interaction called Slap 'em Silly but that comes at a higher skill level & it's not really fighting anyway. Do you have the Eco Lifestyle pack? If so, can you check if the Roughhousing Encouraged N.A.P. is active in your Sim's neighborhood? This N.A.P. will definitely cause Sims to autonomously start fights with other Sims. You can try to repeal this N.A.P. by clicking on the neighborhood voting board or your Sim's mailbox while the voting period is active or you can shift + click cheat on either one of those and instantly repeal it at any time.

Roughhousing Encouraged.JPG

With the Seasons pack there is a random holiday called Neighborhood Brawl Day that might cause Sims to start fighting, but that only comes no more than one time each Sim-year and the fighting only lasts for the day of the holiday. You can cancel that holiday in your calendar anytime you want.

Message 2 of 5 (2,743 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I know, My sim just randomly fights with people while in a very happy mood, my dad has all the packs, and yes I still use my dad's computer bc I am broke 😄 but I own sims 4 and he owns it and a lot of packs but, My sims like to fight randomly and it's scaring me Because my sim shouldn't be fighting with people! They do not get mad at my sims or lose relation it just makes them dazed! I am concerned that my sim has a mental illness 🤣

Message 3 of 5 (2,711 Views)

★★★ Guide
@xizac Lol, probably a mental illness only known in the Sims universe! 😂
Message 4 of 5 (2,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@xizac Some of those NAPs from Eco Lifestyle can definitely make Sims act odd, or do things that would normally be very much out of character for them. Especially when it comes to something like fighting, stealing things, or Sims doing random romantic interactions. Heck even in EA's live-stream for the EL pack one of the main characters from that pack (Knox) showed up at the guru's Sim's house with no clothes on! This is all by design, not a glitch (though I still think some of it could use more tweaking in a game patch). Some players are happy to have these things happen in their games, but for those who do not want this, the NAPs that cause these behaviors can be repealed through voting or even instantly with a shift + click cheat. Many NAPs do not cause any odd behavior at all. I keep NPC voting for NAPs disabled in my game options so my playable Sims are the only ones who can vote. This makes it much easier for me to control which NAPs are active in my neighborhood for that week. If I say we're all going to wear bags on our heads this week then we are all wearing bags!

Message 5 of 5 (2,682 Views)