Re: Fertilize all please?

by Psychotps

Original Post

Fertilize all please?

★★ Apprentice

WE can water all, and when planting the sim will automatically plant all seeds in the area or weed them - but why can't we fertilize all?

It should be an option that will use your inventory (maybe you can tick off the items you can use to fertilize) and the sime does all nearby plants until there are no items left to use to fertilize,

I have a pretty good garden, and it takes me almost a whole sim morning and afternoon to fertilize the plants every few days...

It is so repetitive and an easy fix I feel.

Or perhaps make it so Patchy can fertilize the plants when needed.  Maybe we can place the stuff to use on the planters, or "put in Patchy's pockets" or click and drag from out inventory to his - and he can do the work while we are out when the option is available....

Message 1 of 3 (10,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Blood0rchid

I don't think I've used the "fertilize" option in years. If you want your plants fertilized, the best way to do it is to put down a bee box.

It will automatically fertilize all plants within a 10 grid diameter (with the bee box at the center). And it will do it at least 3-5 times a day. All you have to do is keep the bees happy. Which is a LOT easier than fertilizing.

ThePsycho

PS: A word of warning, if you want to try it, DO NOT use any gardening traits. Either on the lot or sim, tiny living, eco living, nothing. The Bee Box is seriously OP. If you have a gardening trait as well as the bee box, your plants will evolve daily and you'll have all Perfect plants in a week. I never use lot traits any longer for this reason. In fact, I wrote a mod that triples the evolve times to stretch it out a little more.

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (9,986 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps I do have the bees in my yard for their benefit, and though they do work, I still have to fertilize in the winter.
And in the summer there are options to fertilize also - which I will do. I get the bee bonus - and the benefit of doing it and levelling my skill myself.

And for those without seasons and the bee box - it would still be helpful...
Message 3 of 3 (9,956 Views)