Fences and ponds

by lindk

Original Post

Fences and ponds

★ Novice

Right so I just want to know why, when putting a fence area in a lot in the sims 4 game and trying to make a pound in it and filling it. It not only does it fill the pond but the whole fenced in area? Who, what, when, where and why thought that was a great idea? Honestly this issue an the fact if i try an fence a area around a home that is counted toward the tiny home tile amount.

I mean i can live with the fence area being counted in the tiny home tile amount but come on cant put a fence around a pond with out either losing the water in the pond under flooring or filling the whole area with water.

Message 1 of 3 (733 Views)

Re: Fences and ponds

[ Edited ]

@lindk  I saw it explained somewhere that the issue is that the game considers the fenced-in area a room and treats it accordingly.  The suggestion was, and sorry I don't have the link handy, to leave out one tile-length of fencing so that the pond area isn't enclosed.  Then make the pond, draw one tile-length of fencing elsewhere, and pick it up and move it to the gap in the fence.

I don't know whether this fixes the tiny home issue as well, but it's easy enough to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (709 Views)

Re: Fences and ponds

★ Novice

I'll give that a go but still there has to be something they can do to stop it from going "oh hey look another room" when making fences.

I mean just cuz they are sims dont mean they dont want fences between them and everyone else. Plus side no burglars in sims 4.

Message 3 of 3 (700 Views)