Feedback/Wishes for Dream Home Decorator

by CallMeSuperboy

Original Post

Feedback/Wishes for Dream Home Decorator

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey y'all. I was looking to see if there were any feedback threads for DHD that weren't bugs/mainly complaints about things that are currently in the pack, but rather stuff we'd like to see out of the pack that you feel like should have been in it. 

I wish there were more gig types. Maybe I've just never seen these gigs despite playing every day for several sim months, but I wish these were types of renos:

• Garden/Landcape Renos. I know we can basically do whatever we want to the house, but I wish sims would specifically request yard renos!
    • Patios too
  • Shop renovations
  • Restaurant renos 
  • Vacation rentals! 
  • Eco-friendly lots 

I also wish the likes/preferences were a little more balanced. I've gotten more than a few gigs where they just told me 5 colors they disliked. 

More likes? (not the number so much as the activities/skills.) I kinda hate that fitness + swimming are considered the same 'like' because to me they're pretty different. I hate working out but I love swimming, so if I say my sim dislikes fitness she's miserable swimming. 

Would have loved to see different likes including:

• Swimming (separate from fitness) 
  • Hiking/skiing. (I know snowboarding is a like and sorry if one or two these are in there already, but I remember that some of these were not in the likes? I get why they might not have included hiking because its not an activity item you can add to your house, but the only way to satisfy the snowboard like is to put one on the floor??)
  • Pets-- I know there's the cat/dog lover trait but I wish I'd been able to say I'm a cat person without it being 1/3 of my personality. It would also be fun to have sims who actively dislike animals and avoid them. 

Anyone else wishing some other things like this was in DHD?

Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)

Re: Feedback/Wishes for Dream Home Decorator

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CallMeSuperboyAll of this

If they can hate children, they can hate pets (but like you why is it a third of my personality?)

I wish they'd spent time developing the pre-made like and dislike and it patched through to the game because it's so random to ask for gardening decor in a small bathroom while liking dancing and hating the color white.
The gigs, to me, are a let down because I think they're mostly absurd and people love to put thoughtful effort into deco or reno. I don't waste my time trying to fit a dance floor into an all yellow bathroom where they apparently also dislike handiness. Because useful?

I had my deco sims get another job and don't go to gigs anymore.

My biggest want; they put effort into developing the likes and dislikes of the pre-made characters so gigs were more enjoyable, coherent and accurate (ehem, no second story to reno)

I got snowboarding for a bathroom reno and used alt 9 to place it on a wall like a shelf 😂 and shortly after that I quit gigs

Message 2 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: Feedback/Wishes for Dream Home Decorator

Champion (Retired)

@wahini2024 

A tip for gardening decor in a bathroom (or any room) is the collection of small "planters" you can place on the wall. You can find them in misc. decor. So likes gardening is easy to fullil. Remember that just because they like something you don't necessarily need to add it. The main thing is to avoid what they dislike. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)