[Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@dissenterjasmineIf you are willing to spend money, you can get those in one day. I spent 100 simcash and 12 cupcakes to finish all three challenges (two with kid) and got enough treats to open 13 sweet boxes and 8 royal boxes... 100 simcash is less than half of $5... unless you have already... in that case i understand your frustrations but there are still 6 days more left...? Try not to use sugarcubes in the first 5 rounds (but yeah you have to spend simcash if you lose) edit: 1800 sweets is at least very doable with just sugarcubes in 6 days...

——-
I finally got the wall planters, all 6 colors, in succession 😂 its so pretty... spent 100 simcash and i guess the game rewards me for spending simcash lol... ill take it slow now...

Message 51 of 70 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I want to share another feedback, written several days after the second Sweet Treat Showdown began... I can say that actually the event seems to have been improved a little.

I think there is a clear improvement in the Royal Boxes opening.

I am managing to get more than what I got from the first event, obviously without using either SimCash or Cupcakes.

I get more 9/10-rounds challenges, and that's good because they usually give more rewards even if I can NEVER get to the final round, I still get more tokens than the 5-rounds challenge.

The event is still not perfect, but it is on the right way to be.

I really think this time I'm going to complete the event and get the grand prizes before the end of the countdown, without using SimCash.

With these changes is difficult but possible.

The flaw that is still very evident is the waste of resources of those who play the event, really draining...

Message 52 of 70 (922 Views)

★★★ Pro
@dissenterjasmine Wow thanks, that helps a lot. 😃 I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to do it. I always fell at the first round with him. But I got what I wanted from the "event" LMAO. But I still haven't got a chair on the sugar box and I guess I will have to keep try to get it.
Message 53 of 70 (890 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Currently, I think I'll be able to get all sweet treat boxes (I've been playing all weekend) but the royal treat boxes I just don't think I will get enough. To open all royal boxes, you should get 16 royal tokens PER day & it's hard to get that since the 1st day of the showdown coz we still had to get used to how each showdown works which always contribute to failed showdown. Thus, we LOSE the opportunity to get the tokens.

Anyway, frequently encountered Oliver De Leche for a 10-part showdown. His minimum survival % is 90 (though there IS still chance of failure) at 1st part then 93%, 98%, 100%, 97% & finally 100%. Mostly reached part 6 without spending insane amount of simoleons, no cupcakes & maybe 5 sim cash (if you fail part 1 at 90%).

This is really gambling at its finest 50/50 chance.

Message 54 of 70 (857 Views)

★★★ Guide
@dissenterjasmine that Oliver dude! he's the worst one to get! any others are pretty easy to beat. I usually do the first 3 rounds without clicking anything but the bake button, as they all seem to be fine to win around the 80% Mark.
I also for anyone wondering, use my sim that's good at rival events, tried using my other sim without that trait and she fails a lot.

I cringe though when I get that chef Oliver! Lol
Message 55 of 70 (826 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Then it is not on its way to get perfect.
If you have 250k simoleons and go down to 150k to finish the first quest. Then a few weeks after you spend other 100k to complete the second quest... how can this event formula last long?

Players will get angry and will quit the game.

I had 10 of my 50 friends not playing for 10 days or more in august. I had to delete them and find new friends. It didn't happen to me since a lot of weeks, at least at this rate, because I have almost all level-50 long time players like me.

This event formula can't last. First baking quest that starts when you have just 25k left... you quit the game cause you know you can't get even close to finish it. 
To improve enough the event would mean to make it feasable without using resources. But this would mean to completely twist the type of event and in the end disown it, Firemonkey won't do it.

@ItsKatlyn99 wrote:

The event is still not perfect, but it is on the right way to be.

The flaw that is still very evident is the waste of resources of those who play the event, really draining...

Message 56 of 70 (778 Views)

★ Apprentice

First I think the event is nicely designed and a good concept, but

1) There needs to be either more prizes or fewer swatches, in other words make  the likelihood of winning a new object be greater when you open a box. I don't have the time to grind cookies - I now have three colour swatches for the chair and two for the watering can.  

2) If you must have swatches, vary the colours more rather than just having varying shades of grunge. My chair swatches are all variations on brown

3) Better prizes! Is there anyone who seriously wants a hose for their garden? And two lots of gardening tools (3 including the can) which many find too small to see on their phones. The gardening overalls are ugly and too similar to outfits that we get anyway in the career paths (if anybody has a desperate urge to dress their sims up in overalls). If every prize was generally felt to be desirable people would be happier. Maybe you could do a poll somewhere  - you must have data telling you stuff people like

Message 57 of 70 (752 Views)

★★ Guide

I personally think that this time around is not any better. I decided to not use any cupcakes and Simcash (ok, I used 15 but it was an accident). So basically only using Simoleons only and I am no way near getting the grand prize.

I still need 25 of the normal treat box and 19 Royal boxes. I keep on failing on the 9 level and 10 level challenges. This is the fifth day where I’ve not won anything in the bake off challenge. The last challenge I’ve done today, I failed on the last level. Why does it fail when you’re on 94%? I am not paying 250 Sim cash.

Message 58 of 70 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Berathe1 wrote:

First I think the event is nicely designed and a good concept, but

1) There needs to be either more prizes or fewer swatches, in other words make  the likelihood of winning a new object be greater when you open a box. I don't have the time to grind cookies - I now have three colour swatches for the chair and two for the watering can.  

2) If you must have swatches, vary the colours more rather than just having varying shades of grunge. My chair swatches are all variations on brown

3) Better prizes! Is there anyone who seriously wants a hose for their garden? And two lots of gardening tools (3 including the can) which many find too small to see on their phones. The gardening overalls are ugly and too similar to outfits that we get anyway in the career paths (if anybody has a desperate urge to dress their sims up in overalls). If every prize was generally felt to be desirable people would be happier. Maybe you could do a poll somewhere  - you must have data telling you stuff people like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Berathe1    

Great Post!   ICAM  ... about the completely Underwhelming Prizes,

the 50 Shades of Greige that are suitable for rustic tastes, with NO pops of color.  Even the “Grand Prizes” were a let down IMO.  Didn’t care for the hairstyles at all & have no room for a WishingWell in my yard.  Plus, I Already have a tiny watering can & enough shrubs, plants, & flowers from a past event

After seeing what prizes were being offered, I honestly felt that I was in no way missing out at all, by not doing the baking challenges. The stress wasn’t worth the time or major resources required. 

I only did the activities that required not using up Cupcakes or SimCash and was happy to get the dress, the standing planter, barrel planter, and the apron, albeit in the drab colors.  Nothing else really appealed to me prize wise.  

Fun Clothes, Great New Hairstyles, & even Nice Jewelry  would be great incentives to play imo.

I’d so much rather go back to the way past events were done, because IF this is the future path of events, I won’t be participating.  jmho

Message 59 of 70 (718 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GracieSeven Why don't you stop before the last level? I normally stop at level 7. You play it safer, you get less reward but at least you are sure that you get something.
Message 60 of 70 (709 Views)