[Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It seems like Firemonkeys may not have considered feedback for Part 2. It’s actually quite a lot more difficult to do the challenge than before. This sort of event has aggravated a lot of loyal players, they’ve barely recovered from the first time around. 

Also, my daughter has pointed out the total number of boxes increased from 76-78. This increases the total number of tokens needed for the grand prize. 

Message 11 of 70 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Guide

SMH!

😠😡

I agree with everyone. I played a round just to see what changes EA made. In first challenge, I did not get above round six (quit around that time and/or lost at atleast one of the three attempts), I made enough treats to open atleast  1 sweet treat box and 1 royal treat box.

This time, I could not open 1 sweet treat box and made 1 crown.

Too much time invested for so little amount. So I will pass on this sweet treat showdown unless I get bored. Even then I may just complete 2 llama zooms instead of 1.

Maybe this is EA's sly way to get us to appreciate llama zoom.😒

Message 12 of 70 (914 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@girl_hasnogame wrote:

In the first 3 baking challenges, none of them offered to buy more sugar. It's completely impossible to get to the ends of these challenges with only 30 sugar. There's also less options to spend sim cash, simoleons, and cupcakes to increase your odds. I also noticed less chances to get royal tokens in a round.

The rounds also start with LOWER percentages than before. Round 1 used to start at 90%, now it's 85%. So it costs EVEN MORE SUGAR to get through EACH round.

This challenge is actually MORE difficult than the last one. I can't imagine these are the changes that players requested.

I failed 2/3 of the first challenges. 1 was failed at 92%, the next was 95%. 

I failed too at 92%. During the fourth round. Not normal.

Message 13 of 70 (906 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DBrick01 Wait, you are getting sugar cubes for llama zooms?
Message 14 of 70 (905 Views)

★★★ Pro

PLEASE BRING MAXIS BACK!!!!!

Message 15 of 70 (899 Views)

★★★ Guide

@givememore86 

No, I wish.

Just saying that if I am going to spend time on TSM, I will rather do llama zoom and earn a llama than this sweet treat challenge.

Message 16 of 70 (885 Views)

★★★ Guide

@givememore86 

We didn't know what we had until it was gone.

Momma said there be days like this.

Message 17 of 70 (880 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I already have 179 llama cards. You can't do almost anything with them once that you clear all land.

They should at least let us use them to buy sugar or traits. Or just remove llama zooms.

@DBrick01 wrote:

@givememore86 

No, I wish.

Just saying that if I am going to spend time on TSM, I will rather do llama zoom and earn a llama than this sweet treat challenge.

Message 18 of 70 (873 Views)

★★★ Guide

@kg122cin3h6t 

I only have 32 llamas. 😄

I like changing my house around and 32 will only get me so much.

All my land is cleared.

I started a new family as well and they are in desperate need of llamas. Clearing all the land 1st before expanding and buying items. I usually will play events for the new family in order to get "free" items. Still debating whether or not I will take the time with the new family. 

Let me go stare at the prizes again. Maybe they will hypnotize me and convince me that my new family needs them. I do like the wall planters. They are convincing me that my new family needs them. However, the amount of time I have to spend to get them is discouraging me. 

Decisions, decisions!

Message 19 of 70 (856 Views)

WARNING! I'm about to go full-on whine here, like the stuff of toddler tantrums. Everyone but the Monkey people may want to look away.

It's back to school time, why haven't you given us a back to school event? I really really REALLY want a chance to get back the clothes I had from the last one! That cute solid colored pleated skirt, the cropped sweater outfit, the tied-off button down shirt (I think the stuff I want actually comes from the story relationships that became available with this event). I want it, and I want it now.

Stop wasting our time with an event that people were pretty clear about hating, and give us a good old fashioned quest to earn stuff we actually want. You say you heard our feedback, so why have you ignored everyone's criticism and put out almost the exact same event with even less appealing prizes? That's a slap in the face. 

Message 20 of 70 (828 Views)