Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

by DBrick01

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@simmerdownMAL Awww I like that you put in a tweet from a guru. Because that changes everything NOT. Today I did two sweet treat baking challenges, both of them we're only five rounds. I was only able to get one royal cookie from them. The first one I had to pay 10 simcash because I lost the second round at 85%. And the second one I actually went all five rounds and I only got one cookie, and there was no part of the game that was offering the cookie for sale like they did in previous version. So I don't think I'm going to be able to get any more Royal Boxes. And truth be told I opened up only one Royal Box. It was the wall of planters. That's pretty much the only gift that's really worthwhile in the Royal, so now I'm not going to bust my hump anymore. Because I really don't care, and they're not going to gain more simcash more simoleons in the baking competition from me anymore.
#SorryNotSorry #KatyPerrySweetTreatWasBetter
#BringBackMaxIs
#Don'tFixSomethingThatsNotBroken
#BringBackYourStructuredQuestsAgain
Message 31 of 70 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@givememore86 

You got the prize I wanted but since I will not spend any Simcash nor simoleons (not this go round), it will take forever to get 8 royal tokens. Today, even though I had the time I did not play TSM.

I read a few of the comments from the previous showdown and it seemed FireMonkey did listen to players who complained about non paying (those who did not spend Simcash and so forth) players being able to advance as quickly as paying players.

Now look what we got! SMH!

From the comments:  yes I see the complaints but I also see players still spending money. You speak with your wallet and what players really told FireMonkey: we will pay to play and only those who are paying should advance quickly in the game.

For this player: not going to happen captain!

I get what I get just using sugar cubes.

Message 32 of 70 (772 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried playing 3 sweet treat challenges, I lost 1 round and had to pay 15/35 simcash (I don’t remember) but I ended up pocketing 4 royal tokens and 500-600ish sweet tokens. Which isn’t as bad as I thought. For the previous events, I was only able to get 3 standard prizes. Though I’ll still only get less than 50% of the prizes. 

My strategy is to play without spending sugar cubes for the first two rounds, get to 90% for the third round, and get to 100% for 4th and 5th round. For the third attempt, I still had 14 sugar cubes for the sixth round but chose to abandon since I was not sure if the option to buy sugar cubes would be there (it seems to be really random?). So I guess my feedback is to make the option to buy sugar cubes permanent for all rounds. Also it’ll be nice if you can just get rid of swatches, the swatches really what makes the prize number multiplies when actually you only get 15 items. Or just allow us to choose prize color or sell prize items we don’t like.

Also some people complained that the success rate decreased to 85%, I think they have fixed it? I had 90% for the first rounds.

Message 33 of 70 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@rewatches Yes, the success rate has decreased as low as 76% for easy challenges with Reese, 80% with Oliver & 88% with Kid Chiffon. Still, I've spent some simoleons already maybe around 20K since I have some saved up. 

For my game, I'm trying to save cupcakes & not use them in the showdown. It's possible that one doesn't use any except for 9 or 10-part challenges where you might need to spend more resources coz you'll surely run out of sugar cubes before reaching the last part. I only reached part 7 on these long showdowns.

Message 34 of 70 (725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All I see is the honest players having a hard time finishing the events, while the hackers are already flaunting their grand prizes. That’s all these new types of events are doing: rewarding dishonest players, because they will, for sure, earn all the prizes, while the majority of honest players won’t. Talk about reaching the highest level of unfairness in a game.

Message 35 of 70 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@dissenterjasmine I just played and got 90% for 10 round showdown and 85% for 7 rounds. Never 76/88 maybe the player level has something to do with it. Mine is 26. I just played and spent 3 cupcakes, 2000 simoleons, and 25 simcash and got 900ish sweet tokens and 5 royals. Swore not to spend any but the “just one more time” mentality is hard to fight lol this kinda game really exploits that... now that I think about it, 10 simcash, 3 cupcakes and 2000 simoleons arent worth it just for 1 extra royal tokens and 200 extra sweet tokens.

How many people have gotten the floral dress and planters? I really want that...

@gg2784
Cheaters are always present in any games but i guess the whales really are making them rich so they dont care about cheaters. How do you tell them apart from regular players? I might report them if I know how to tell them apart...

Anyway, just to play devils advocate... if you have spent $100, paid players should be allowed to cheat since this type of games is designed to make you spend money forever... dont you think? though that doesnt excuse that there are players who will never pay a single. cent. ever...
Message 36 of 70 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello again ! 

Well i am playing this event now for 4 days and i have opened 21 boxes so far.

And i did not spent simcash and only free cupcakes...

It is a little bit better...

BUT !!!!!! :

I am on holiday and i am at home ..so i have a lot of time to do it.

I think there is still not enough balance...i really hope this will get better...

It is a lot of work to open all of those boxes....and i am not sure if i can finish it to 78 opened boxes withou paying....

I have also a small trick for you all to get faster a lot more tokens...just use cupcakes for the timequest..when you use one while you do the quest you get 90 tokens plus for only one waste of a free or payed cupcake...up to you..i used the premium gifts so far.

Play a lot short scenes like friendship ..not every short scene but like all 3 or 4 times you get 25 tokens plus to your normal reward with gold on it.

Do not buy jewels at the baking if you do not have sugar less. Buy gold!

I hope that will  help the people which are battling on it even though it is a catastrophe to play it 😂😂😂😂😂 yes it is not much fun.....sorry 😇

Well i am a bit bored because i am on holiday and ill and made my strategy...🙂

And finish the royalquest at home during you get your daily premiums.

That means a chance for one royal ticket for free.

I also have a question:

Will the megaprice sets come back? That people could finish them like the whirpool collection and the other eventcollections?

It is pretty annoying..you are getting stressed because you do not know if it will be repeatable...

So maybe somebody of the team here can please give an answer to this?

And i also do think that it is still to expensive because people do not have allways the time to collect so many boxes and would have to pay then a pretty lot.

It is very hard work without paying..i can live with the fact to spend an fair amount of real money to support the game..but this is without balance and it is no wonder that people feel ripped off...

So will it be possible to redo this events with the done work ( opened boxes) ?

Will they come back ?

Thanks and greetings... 💕

Message 37 of 70 (591 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This type of event can't get better. They should just remove it!

I had 42 cupcakes up tp this afternoon. I didn't use any cupcake or simcash since the quest started, I promised myself not to do it.

Well... I checked again now and I have 37 cupcakes.

I didn't definitely used them! I believe it's a bug from one of the two baking events that I made this afternoon. 

I don't even bother opening a ticket, the support is not useful and they would tell me that I spent the cupcakes.

I hate this type of event. BRING MAXIS BACK!

To all the players still spending money for this style of quest: I disagree with you. You are definitely not doing good to yourself because EA will listen to us only if the incomes decrease.

Message 38 of 70 (565 Views)

From expierence, I know that companies are usually quite a bit advanced with content creation. So seeing only little changes probably means someone was absolutely awesome and fixed these issues/added suggestions from the community. The teams work hard and can't fix everything at once sadly. On top of that, changes requested might not be the best for the title. Either because it's not profitable or it's technically not possible at the time.

I'm not a fan of these events either, I could never finish them and that frustrated me quite a bit. In another life, I probably would've skipped them. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 39 of 70 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I am doing it only because i am bored..i also do prefer the old event style...

And i will not support it with paying real cash....well this type of event..i am getting what i can get for free...

Well i do not care to spend free cupcakes on it..but will not pay them....i am lvl 50 and do not need to save cupcakes..you know why? Because there is still no update for the lvl 50 stop.. 

But i also will give my voice here for to take this type of event out....

Otherwise i am willing to support the game with fair payments...but not on this as i said....

So i am pretty bored and just doing this stupid event 🙂..... for freeeeeeeeee.....

Message 40 of 70 (730 Views)