Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

by Krit9117

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It would be helpful if the studio or one of the gurus provided insight, maybe via an AMA, about how events and quests roll out. Like, what’s the life cycle of an event or quest in The Sims Mobile?

Some players believe that no feedback was taken into consideration from the previous Sweet Treat Showdown two weeks ago because little has been changed, and some believe it is worse this time around. 

I would like to believe that the event was already set into motion and that there were no changes that could have been made, even if the Studio wanted to make changes. I’m guessing that the Sweet Treat Showdown (both two weeks ago and this week) were planned months in advance, and required people generating ideas for the events, drafting out what the events would look like, and then actually creating them. I’m hoping this was all content that was inside the update two weeks ago and could not have been changed, so they had to just roll with it, with the intention to review all feedback afterwards to consider for future events.

I’d like to believe that because the alternative is that the Studio didn’t take the feedback from the previous showdown into consideration. So I’m trying to hold back judgment until we see what happens after this week’s showdown event.

I still have faith that the Studio listens to players and doesn’t make all of their decisions based on what supports their bottom line. But only time will tell. The next event will be very telling. 

Edit: you can kinda/sorta disregard my message. Just saw this tweet:

1E1A0E24-B9CE-48C1-BC3F-10B76320F86F.jpeg

Message 21 of 70 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@givememore86 wrote:

PLEASE BRING MAXIS BACK!!!!!

I honestly do not agree about this, Maxis did not managed it better, let's remember that they ruined the game experience first adding colours swatches.

Said that.

I don't have much to say since I've provided feedbacks for the previous event which is more or less the same. Event is still impossible.

I'm honestly happy that (apparently) there will be some changes starting from the next update, at least it make me hope for some truly constructive changes... Who knows......

I trust the intentions of the Firemonkeys studio...

So I am just here waiting for the next update hoping real changes will be made to make the event more easier and affordable for everyone.

Edit: and I also hope that in addition to all this I've already said they will also add new features to the game, which over time the gameplay is becoming a little stale.

Message 22 of 70 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Trust their intentions...

They dressed up this new version of the sweet treat event like if it's now easier to win, with 8 crowns instead of 10 needed to open a box and other bla bla. But it's actually more difficult.

Now during the baking events there is no option to buy sugar cubes with simcash anymore. It means that it is more costly to win because in the previous event you could buy sugar cubes for a reasonable amount of simcash (around 30) and with that complete all the baking rounds.

Now you can just use cupcakes (5 cupcakes cost 75 simcash) or if you lose one of the last rounds spend 100 or 150 simcash to go on.

Mathematics: it now takes 20% less crowns to open all the royal boxes, but it takes 100% - 200% more simcash to be sure to pass through all baking rounds and thus get enough crowns.

I don't call this improvement or good intention, sorry.

Message 23 of 70 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Pro
Message 24 of 70 (1,426 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You don't think to listen to what we suggest or tell you to improve.

This time I wrote short because I thought it was a long explanation.

No longer useful in communicating with you.

Because  you ."Don't listen to players"

I’m very disappointed in you.

Message 25 of 70 (1,386 Views)

★ Guide

I really hope you are right Mal. I REALLY  hope they listen to us players. Can't they see what chaos this type of an event has caused?  People quitting  and getting very mad at the game. This use to be a stress reliever for must and now it just brings on the stress. They need to make it so you can make it through these attempts with the more use of things we can earn. Let's work for it not pay for it. Smh. I love this game so much and so much better when we had walkthroughs to follow. We get want we put into the game as award not if we like to take risks. This is just my opinion. Thanks

Message 26 of 70 (1,361 Views)

★ Guide

I just lost $3000 simolians and $45 sim cash and busted out on the last level! I’m so sick of this quest I’m ready to quit the game!  Obviously they don’t listen to players who have been playing since the start and spent real money on this game so they have jobs! I swore never again and I did it again, this is gambling and shouldn’t be aloud! 

Message 27 of 70 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ItsKatlyn99 Ummm no duplicates, that's the only Improvement I see.
But with Maxis, I was able to finish the quest without using any SimCash and simoleons. Also with Maxis, I was able to get the grand prize every time. I didn't get the grand prize with the first sweet treat challenge. even with the wumples quest you have to spend simoleons. and you're saying that your defense is well Maxis put in color swatches. Well I don't see firemonkeys taking the color swatches out.

Yeah I said that.
Message 28 of 70 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@givememore86Uhm, you're right Firemonkeys studio have not removed the colours swatches, but at least they have removed duplicates. (I'm used to see also the positive aspects of things)
And you recognised this too...

Sweet Treat Showdown is completely made for who pay, and I am so disappointed.

With this new event I can't get the grand prizes, it's so frustrating, but I couldn't get it even before with Maxis...

From old events I did always get duplicates duplicates and duplicates... I have practically nothing "rare" of old events, I don't own the darts game, I don't own the golden bathtub, I don't own the bubbles machine... XD and I could go on and on...

There was a little improvement compared to before (removing duplicates) but obviously it is not enough, we agree.

Actual event is so frustrating.

We need much more than this, and we can just leave feedbacks here on the forum or on social medias, nothing more unfortunately, I really hope they will take us into consideration.

Finger crossed, and pray that substantial changes will be made in the next update, in order to carry out the event without consuming every resources, without using SimCash, Simoleons or Cupcakes.
Event need to be made easier for everyone, because currently it is still totally inappropriate and difficult.

Everyone should be able to get the grand prizes without use real money.

Message 29 of 70 (1,406 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@simmerdownMAL They have developers to tweak it to suit the players! It's just EA being greedy.
Message 30 of 70 (1,521 Views)