Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Catwalk Fabulous

by katclawsx3

Original Post

★★ Guide
I managed to finish the event this time around so I can confirm that there has been improvement. No Sim cash spent and only used a cupcake when I could get them.
Having said that, I was playing 24/7 in order to earn enough Simoleons before each bake off. I am exhausted after this event and the reward could be a bit better...

Message 21 of 26 (927 Views)

Stop this "Sweet Treats" nonsense...

★★★ Apprentice

I have spent money on trying to get the modeling career and wasted my time. I cant even get the tokens bc all of the events that are 10 rounds FAIL me. I'm not spending more then what I have already trying to get this career. I hate these events. Bring back new live events and give up on this baking garbage. I don't care about getting the career anymore. I'm going to put my money towards the fashion week items coming up. I hope halloween is a live event of it's own. 

Message 22 of 26 (867 Views)

Re: Stop this "Sweet Treats" nonsense...

★★★ Pro
@sparklypickle6 listen to us Firemonkeys. Not that many people that are happy. You know what Maxis Studio did when people got mad at colorgate 2018 they gave the people 50 simcash. You not only repeated this awful event 3 times, but you made people spend actual cash on sub-par gifts and endless clutter for their houses with no 75 point value. Yes I hope that the Halloween live event will have decent costumes this year and possibly a bunny suit or a gnome suit.
Message 23 of 26 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Even though I’ve done mostly the activities (Flavor Lab, Restaurant, Home) and did a few Baking Challenge rounds to see if this STS really has shown any improvements, I ended up wasting 3,500  

sugar cookies to get SWATCHES for prize rewards 🙄

👎   Really EA?  Seriously?   The Rewards are very Underwhelming to begin with, but throwing the Swatches in as a reward/prize

is .... disappointing  ( & I’m being kind here ) 

Since you’ve made buying Individual Swatches a thing now, why not just let us either purchase the color choices we actually want once the prize has been won OR just give us all the swatches as part of winning the prize in the first place?  

It would have been nice to win each of every prize first, and then do swatches imo

With all the time we had to invest in, you could have gave us a Cookie Jar to put out that automatically filled up in a set amount of hours, like the Candy Bowl/Halloween;  

Gift Box/WinterFest/Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza 

Beach Towel Basket/Summertime Event  etc. 

Better yet, PLEASE, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE WAY PAST EVENTS WERE PLAYED with the Awesome Prizes & Progress Timelines! 

Message 24 of 26 (848 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Instead of reiterating concerns that have already be shared, (and I do agree with many of them), I’d just really like to bring to light some things that were awesome about the Sweet Treat event.

We haven’t had a new career added to TSM since March 2019 for the Secret Agent career, so thank you, Firemonkeys, for adding a new career to the game! Six months was a long time without something new in the game to do outside of events.

The team over there in the FM Studio is really into details. More so than Maxis ever was! I thought I snapped screenshots of 67 different desserts, but now I can’t find one that I thought existed (regular “chocolate donuts”), so maybe it was 66 desserts. That’s a lot of variations and details that I don’t think registered for a lot of people. I couldn’t even fit them all onto the counter in my image below 😂 

28595E8F-71F8-4A48-B07A-0DF3D83528B4.jpeg 

The details on these events, the desserts, the animations, were so much better than anything we’ve seen in previous events. 

While some players are still struggling in the event and have not yet finished, I do think that the tweaks FM made for the recent event were definitely noticeable (and fair). I finished a few days early but stuck with it to keep taking pictures of desserts 😂. This one seemed much more balanced and manageable, and it felt great to know that the studio was listening to feedback and made tweaks to the events. I hope to see more changes in future events, and I’m confident the studio continues to listen to feedback. 

So thanks and kudos to the studio for the details and for making the event tweaks. 

——

I look forward to see what’s in store for Halloween, and I do still hope that prizes are self-selected and in the order players want to unlock them, just like in last year’s Halloween Haunt. ❤️ 

Message 25 of 26 (820 Views)

Re: Next showdown has modelling career as a grand prize

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Ok I finally finished this showdown with 1 day & a few hours left. I did spend around 50K-80K simoleons & maybe 30 sim cash which means maybe this current event is 50% less of draining resources compared to the first two.

Still, one needs to really work hard to get the needed tokens & IRL terms it would be difficult for many players who have other things to do besides check if the timed events are ready. 

Anyhoo, I like the prizes (I always do) & hope for other types of events for TSM besides this bake-off. 

Message 26 of 26 (779 Views)