by canelacaliente

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I would like the ability to report bugs from within the game like other games have.  That way, it automatically creates a report with my saves and game files for the developers to look at.  I could also add images and video to the bug report.  That would be easier for many players and encourage them to report bugs.  It would also be easier for the developers to contact players if they have additional questions about a bug report.

Message 1 of 7 (588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ability to Report Bugs From Within the Game

Community Manager (retired)

@canelacaliente This is a great suggestion! Thank you for your feedback, I'll pass this on to the team🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (451 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@canelacaliente Excellent idea. Most other games already do it that way.
Message 2 of 7 (551 Views)

★★★★ Expert

That is a very good idea, I would definately want this. I would suggest they remake the bug template as well, and management of the bug forum and information in it.

I think the arghument of making it easier for the actual consumer clientele is a good argument. By looking at the bug section the bug report template seems badly understood in large, and many express insecurities as to how the user folder works, a requisite for sending files, or even basic troubleshooting. It would be more user friendly.

Message 3 of 7 (543 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@DonroaAkashu Good thing is, they wouldn't need a "template". Just a form in the game. It would be simpler on the player because things like "sims 4 version number" could be just added to the submission behind-the-scenes.

Would be much better in every way. Automatic transmission of the last LE the game encountered, game state, etc.

Yea, more I think about it, the more I like it.
Message 4 of 7 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yes, you are right, that would pehaps also make more of the issues experienced by players to be recognized as bugs, and taken into account by the The Sims Team. Which in turn could lead to more players reporting bugs, since the bug process theoretically could be faster and more effective, and the result of reporting a bug, that is, it gets noticed by the right people and fixed; would be more secure and straight forward, and therefore giving the impression of being worth while.

Message 5 of 7 (501 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@canelacaliente This is a great suggestion! Thank you for your feedback, I'll pass this on to the team🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 7 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DonroaAkashu I agree.

If the developers want to use the forum method of bug reporting, they need to use proper forum software.  This forum software is not really meant for tracking bugs.  It is more for people engaging each other.  They can use something like Zendesk or Freshdesk as the backend.

Finding a reported bug is difficult.  Sometimes, with the search option, you have to go pages deep to find the bug report needed.  There is no tagging system for reporting bugs in the current forum system. This is why Crinrict has to create a large list of reported bugs.  If there was a tagging system and users can sort by tags, the list of bugs would be unnecessary.

Message 7 of 7 (445 Views)