Re: Fear of Dead end job

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Fear of Dead end job

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think about 90% of my sims have gotten this as of now. Even if some of my Sims are in there ideal careers (my painter sim in the artist profession) seem to just get this fear when it makes absolutely no sense. Another example is today one of my newer Sims came back from work and got promoted... He also returned with the fear of a dead end job... HOW DOSE THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE!!! He just got promoted! That is the farthest thing from dead end you can be! 

#bringbackwhims

Message 1 of 59 (29,735 Views)

★★ Novice
@Rev_Shadow508 My sims are also getting fears that they have no control of their own lives and its the only one that I get
Message 2 of 59 (29,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

There's a bug report about the fear of a dead end job. Every single Sim in my save gets it every single time they go to work, so I just cheat it and the associated moodlets off every single time with UI Cheats.

Message 3 of 59 (29,636 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same. Every single sim, almost every day. It's tedious. And I tried deactivating fears and "wants" (which are honestly no better than the whims used to be), but the fears still occur. Boring.

Message 4 of 59 (29,528 Views)

★ Guide

I literally came to the forum today because of this... glad to see I'm not going mad.

Message 5 of 59 (29,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I'm so frustrated that I've turned them off and am coping with having to turn them off again every time I go into CAS, reload the lot, etc. Spending all my time in game options turning it on and off again (sounds like the cliche desktop repair advice) is less frustrating than the stupid wants and fears.

I was EXCITED for this patch. Frown I was really looking forward to finally being able to set my gays and lesbians as really gay and lesbian, and was previously using Wonderful Whims to do this, along with two separate whim overhauls. I'm incredibly disappointed and the extreme awfulness of this patch has killed any interest in the High School Years pack itself. I guess I might buy it in a year or two, when they've fixed the bugs, if it's on sale, but I plan to disable all relationship autonomy features as I expect them to be terrible (and they are, judging by the bug report forum). Apparently my survey response of 1 out of 5 stars in how much I wanted this pack was right on the money.

What a waste. And Werewolves was such a solid pack! What happened?

Message 6 of 59 (29,266 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually have some days where I get overlapping fears and it makes it rather hard to play the game. I have one Sim who has been stuck with Fear of Dead end job for about 2 in game weeks because regain passion fails every time I try it. (it appears to be RNG weather or not it succeeds. That same SIm also got Fear of Death and it is not VERY hard to keep him in a good mood. I haft to constantly waste time having him to go a mirror to "try and calm down" Honestly it just takes away from the rewarding feeling of taking good care of your Sim. I hope that if we all keep making a stink about this the devs will choose to back out of wants and fears.

Message 7 of 59 (29,183 Views)

Honestly thank god I found this thread! Was actually getting so frustrated and was wondering if it was just related to how hard they were working or the amount of time they'd spent working with no vacation days but apparently a lot of people are getting it so phew! It's especially annoying because it sounds like a lot of people who are experiencing this have sims that are in careers related to their passions and are not even nearly fully promoted, which makes the dead-end part pretty null and void!

Fear-be-gone potions seemed to sort it, but it maybe only fixed the issue for a day or two in-game before the fear moodlets came back. I really hope they patch this soon because the game will be incredibly frustrating to play if this continues!

Message 8 of 59 (29,063 Views)

★★★★ Expert

If you can and are willing to use mods, you can use UI Cheats to cheat the fear off the trait panel and cheat off the moodlet.

If you can't, you can turn off the system, but the toggle is broken so every time you load the game, go into CAS, etc., they turn back on and you have to go into Game Options and turn them on and off again.

Message 9 of 59 (28,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have literally never been so annoyed with a game update that I've sought out the forum to see if there's a way to turn off this stupid fears/wants thing. I'm so frustrated with it, it's supposed to be fun - it's a GAME! This is not fun.

Message 10 of 59 (28,522 Views)