Family living on park lot?

by ScorpiOpal18

Original Post

Family living on park lot?

★★★ Novice

Is anyone able to help me understand what this is?

I loaded a save and it looks like a family is living on the park lot. However, when I play them, they can't interact with doors and in Build Mode it automatically goes to Park Items.

So is this something new with the update?

Message 1 of 8 (695 Views)

Re: Family living on park lot?

Champion (Retired)

Make sure you have correctly set the lot type to Park. All newcrest lots by default is residential.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (674 Views)

★★★ Novice

It shows that it is a park lot on the picture.

When I click the family to play them, they load on the lot. They can't interact with doors like they would on a residential lot i.e. they can't lock them. And in Build Mode, the category that first pops up is the Community/Park Lot category.

But the family doesn't have the little home button they would do if there were on a lot that wasn't their home.

Message 3 of 8 (670 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all Mods and CC then try the game. You will likely need to move out the family. In manage world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't have any mods or cc.

Can't move them out, it doesn't give any option to.

What it does give is the option to "Sell business."

Message 5 of 8 (628 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please use Manage World as instructed.

Message 6 of 8 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ScorpiOpal18
Do you have this park downloaded from the Gallery? If so, then this bug is already reported and so far there is no solution for it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Comunity-lots-owned-by-sims/m-p/6737096/highlight/true...

Message 7 of 8 (580 Views)

Hero
The current bug report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Downloaded-Community-lots-still-treated-as-residential/... (actually merged that other thread kreatora linked)

What happens is that the game gets confused if you download residential lots to former community lots and vice versa. And yes, that's not supposed to happen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (561 Views)