Family Oriented Trait trouble

by TygerNight

Original Post

Family Oriented Trait trouble

★ Guide

I made a Sim with the FOT to marry my stay-at-home Dad Caleb. He had 2 sets of twins at the time and was shortly abducted by aliens and now there are 3 sets of twins. Full house. I got Caleb a job and she's now the stay-at-home parent.

And she's constantly got a Sad +1 from 'Missing Family'! This is obviously annoying me greatly. 😠

I'm on a PS4 and have most of the dlc though not all. I really don't expect my FO Sim to be missing family when she spends all day feeding/changing/rocking 4 infants and teaching 2 toddlers. That's idiotic and frankly frustrating as it affects her moods constantly. 

How does this get resolved? 

Message 1 of 14 (1,932 Views)

Re: Family Oriented Trait trouble

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TygerNight, I don't play on  a console, but we get the same thing on PC so that's why I'm answering.Standard smile  I do play a lot of Family Oriented Sims.  I agree that this moodlet is sometimes nonsensical … in real life an adult Sim shouldn't miss their spouse or children that much knowing they are at school or work and will be home in a few hours. Raised eyebrowLarge smile  I also get that moodlet sometimes If my Sim goes outside to garden and is still on the lot but his or her family is inside, or vice versa. Large smile  I think that this moodlet is just an exaggeration to make Family Oriented Sims more unique.  It also balances them out somewhat for gameplay.... They are usually happy and have good moodlets when all Sims in the family are present. This is nice, but offers no gameplay chanllenges.  So, I think the sad moodlet was created to balance them out. Otherwise, I would have every Sim be FO just for the good moodlets!  This way there is a bit of a challenge!:eahigh_file:

If the sad moodlet gets too annoying, then just override it with postitive moodlets.  It will still be present, but it won't effect your too much that way. (You might have to do multiple of these, but some are easy to do).  So, I might have them take a bubble bath to get a playful moodlet to counteract the sad one; or I might eat some produce to get a little happy moodlet.  If you have Seasons, eating honey can give your Sims great moodlets (and can save them from temperature extremes as well! :eahigh_file: ) . And of course, depending on their other personality traits, you can have them do activities that satisfy those other aspects of their personality to counter act the negative one from missing family. There are more ways to add to your Sim's good mood than I can even list here!  Also, if this sad moodlet is overriding any other moodlets, or you have more than one sad moodlet at any time as to be the predominant mood , you can always call the Sadness Hotline on your phone to alleviate your Sims' sad mood! Heart So, hopefully that will be of some help to you! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 14 (1,874 Views)

★ Guide

It's actually not a huge deal in this case because she's Caleb's new wife and I've been building him for weeks. So I have all the emotion trees from the jungle and have her harvest them every day, plus he's got all his needed traits bought (I skipped the cheaper ones like Seldom Hungry and got Always Full, etc) and I got a plethora of the emotion and need potions to give her.

It's just that... It shouldn't happen. It makes no sense. Plus I'm one of those players who scan the moodlet bar constantly and I'm always disheartened to see that dark blue strip. 😟

I already see it way too much with Sims unhappy with dirty environments and there is literally nothing dirty in evidence. I've got a dishwasher, 2 robot vacuums and even hired a maid but still they'll have that dark blue dirty bar. No children right now and no shelves high on the walls where they love to put dirty dishes and then can't reach them when I tell them to clean up. 😳

Message 3 of 14 (1,854 Views)

Champion

@TygerNight, yes!  Those dishes that end up on high shelves make no sense!Disappointed If you are tall enough to put them up there, then you are tall enough to pick them up! AngrySick And thank you for mentioning the emotion berries from the trees in Jungle Adventure! :eahigh_file: I forgot to mention them! Oops

Message 4 of 14 (1,836 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I think she needs her own kids to resolve this. Right now, it sounds like all of the kids are her husband's but none of them are hers.

Message 5 of 14 (1,776 Views)

Champion

@Sketch793, that is a possibility!Standard smile  It is worth a try, but the house is full right now , so until some of the kids grow up and move out, we can't know for certain.  Thinking

Also, there is still the possibility that this wouldn't make any difference.  I've had Family Oriented Sims get sad when their own children went to school, or even if they just went outside.  My family oriented gardeners even get sad when they garden if the children and/or spouse isn't outdoors with them! Raised eyebrowLarge smile

Message 6 of 14 (1,760 Views)

★ Guide
@Sketch793 maybe, but I had her adopt each one as a care dependant so shouldn't they count as hers now?
Message 7 of 14 (1,735 Views)

Champion

@TygerNight, I could be wrong, but I don't think that becoming the main caregiver would make the children hers .Wondering  Children can become care dependent with their teen siblings.  That doesn't make them their parents.  It is just the person who they are supposed to be more likely to go to for most of their care needs.Heart  I've also had a scientist (Get to Work) who had a family, but at his work he had to make some clones of himself.  I moved the clones in with the family and both of the clones of the father can be chosen to be the Caregiver of the scientists children! Raised eyebrow  Genetically, these clones are like uncles to the children.  They wouldn't become the children's parents … it is more like a legal or practical designation.  Wink

However, it can't hurt to try! Angel

Message 8 of 14 (1,727 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I don't think being the children's caretaker counts the same as being their parent. I'm not certain this is the problem but I think it's very likely to be.

Message 9 of 14 (1,717 Views)

★ Guide

Well she just gave birth to twins (that Caleb...) and I'm still seeing that ridiculous sad moodlet. She was painting not 5' from the twins and there it was. I had her bounce each baby and it's still there. 

This is just overkill, seriously. If they can't fix it they should just delete that particular moodlet from the game. Along with the unpleasant surroundings moodlet. That one is a permanent fixture on my Sims' bars and I'm sick of seeing it. Maid, butler, dishwasher, 3 robo vacuums and still I have to get chastised by a stupid buggy moodlet.

Message 10 of 14 (1,661 Views)