by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fame walk and shine: can't turn off

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get Famous, Get to Work, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living Vampires, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Outdoors Perfect Patio, Kid's stuff, Toddler's Stuff, Luxery Party, Bowling Night, Movie Night, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a random Celebrity Townie, try to turn of the slow-* fame walk and the glow using EA instructions (shift click, option is not there)
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't see the option to turn of the fame shine and walk anywhere. Tried to follow the instructions, watched YT videos of players turning it off, but I don't see the option anywhere.
What do you expect to see? An option to turn of the fame walk and the fame shine for playable and unplayed Sims. I love the pack, the stuff, the game play. But the walk is too slow. The shine doesn't bother me too much, but should be an option as well as the walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that came with Get Famous and adding the Get Famous game pack seemed to start this issue. As far as I'm aware, I've never had the option to turn off fame walks and shines.

I am aware that many players have a problem with removing the fame shine and walk in the game, because it keeps returning for some. I don't seem to have the option to do so at all, although I've seen some screenshots and videos of people having an option to turn it off. As far as I'm aware I've never had the option. I hope it'll be fixed, I love the fame walk and shine, but not for Sims I'm playing. The walk is too slow to get anywhere in the big celebrity houses!

Message 1 of 10 (13,764 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fame walk and shine: can't turn off

Hero

Hi @M_Starlighter

I haven't seen an option to turn off the walk for NPCs. Did you see that in a let's play ? Maybe they were using a mod for that ? 

As for the fame shine/walk on your own Sim .. are you checking the cheat menu only or did you regularly click on them ? Your pictures look like that's the cheat menu.

TurnOnOffShine.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (13,746 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @M_Starlighter

I haven't seen an option to turn off the walk for NPCs. Did you see that in a let's play ? Maybe they were using a mod for that ? 

As for the fame shine/walk on your own Sim .. are you checking the cheat menu only or did you regularly click on them ? Your pictures look like that's the cheat menu.

TurnOnOffShine.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (13,747 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for helping out!

I only refer to my own Sim at the moment. I haven't tried turning the walk or shine off on other Sims (I'm not playing), it doesn't bother me on other Sims, just the household I'm currently playing. 

You refer to whether I'm in the cheat menu. That was the problem exactly: I kept trying the cheat menu while it's not... In the cheat menu Disappointed Oops! Now I'm only having the same bug as some others report. The walk keeps coming back after my Sim expresses 'disgust' for others through some nasty quirk he got while getting famous. I'll remove that until this particular bug is fixed!

Message 3 of 10 (13,741 Views)

Hero
Yup. That^s a known issue. Best to post in those.

Since you used the option: Not now, I removed them for mods/cc you don't seem opposed to them.

There's mod fixes for both issues. See the corresponding threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (13,736 Views)

★★★★ Novice
If it's your own sim you don't need to ShiftClick.
Message 5 of 10 (13,673 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried the mods to turn it off, don't work.  The problem with Use Normal Walk is it's ONLY for THAT particular destination.  Once your Sim gets to where he/she is going and starts to walk again, he's back in the stupid Fame Walk.  I think my star went to Forgotten Grotto and got bit by a rabid rodent - Ah poor thing.  He was my only Sim that constantly walked the Star walk and made it impossible to deal with him.  NONE of my Sims now have Superstar quality because of the walk.  

I do have a few that have "some" stardom, but not too much and no issues with that walk.  You can go into the Game Option - Get Famous and stop automatic Fame gains. I suggest clicking that option.  That walk is really the only main pain in the game option that has to get fixed - it's just way too irritating. 

Message 6 of 10 (13,450 Views)

★ Apprentice
Me too, only I'm on console so I know it's not because mods or cc. It happened right after we got Strangerville. It's so annoying. If my sim is out she often pees herself because it takes her so long to get to a bathroom.
Message 7 of 10 (7,279 Views)

Hero
@MrsSweetpants

I've already moved your other post in the bug forum to the correct thread for console. There's still an open bug for 3 star celebs for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (7,240 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you! I couldn't find it.
Message 9 of 10 (7,042 Views)

Hero
@MrsSweetpants Going to lock this thread.
This is the open thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Level-3-celebrity-has-celebrity-walk-style-and-can-t-disab...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (7,024 Views)