[FAQ] Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms?

by jadecapybara

Original Post

Transfer

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded sims on a friends PlayStation while I was living with them. I recently moved out and have an Xbox. Is there any way I can transfer my game over through my EA account? 

Message 91 of 366 (1,260 Views)

Re: Transfer

Champion

@nickrut25, no, sadly you can't. Disappointed And if you think about it, it really wouldn't be fair to Xbox. Frown Xbox and Sony agreed to allow TS4 on their systems, but they wouldn't have done this if they wouldn't get paid for it.  They would have lost a lot of money in this deal if that kind of transfer had been allowed, and knowing that they would have never agreed to this kind of agreement in the first place. Raised eyebrow

I'm sorry for your inconvenience!  I know how it is to buy for one platform and then have to switch to another.  I had to go through it with music, multiple times! Devil  First vinyl records, then cassettes, then CD's, then 3MP's, etc..... my brothers even had 8-track tapes to deal with in the mix!  Disappointed  It is a pain, but that is how life is sometimes.  Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 92 of 366 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ugh. That truly sucks but thank you so much!! 

Message 93 of 366 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

Would it be ok if I left a suggestion for CAS here?

Message 94 of 366 (1,165 Views)

@crazcat2016  Please create your own thread in this section (General Discussion & Feedback) for your suggestion.  This thread just covers one very specific issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 95 of 366 (1,146 Views)

What if I bought a pack on Console with an EA account?

★★★★★ Newbie

If I buy a pack on Ps4 will it transfer to PC with an EA account??

Message 96 of 366 (1,372 Views)

Re: What if I bought a pack on Console with an EA account?

Champion (Retired)

@unibruk5 

No, that is not possible. Console and PC/MAC doesn't mix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 97 of 366 (1,353 Views)

Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't make a lick of sense why you have to buy expansion packs twice for The Sims 4. Even if you play on console and switch to pc or vice versa. Logging into your EA/ Origin account has the ability to track your purchases, play time, and many other things. Expansion packs exist on both already, so why does it not have the ability to sync the purchases. I can see re-downloading the packs on a new platform, but clearly EA is just greedy and it's never going to change. 

For reference I started playing on PC and just tried to see how it would run on PS4 and then I just got mad to see everything gone after logging into My EA/Origin account. Soooooo Dumb!!!!

Message 98 of 366 (1,320 Views)

Re: Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms

[ Edited ]

@WAR_MONGRUEL  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

When you bought your content for PC, you paid EA/Origin the entire cost.  But for any game on PS4, Sony wants its cut too.  So in order for you to get your packs on your console for free, not only would EA have to not charge you a second time, it would have to pay Sony to allow you to play, or else Sony would need to forego its share of the profits.  Neither option sounds likely to happen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 99 of 366 (1,288 Views)

Re: Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms

Champion

@WAR_MONGRUEL, just like it was stated in earlier comments, this an agreement between 3 companies, Sony, Microsoft, and EA.  Actually what you are suggesting wouldn't be fair at all to Microsoft and Sony, because they would have agreed to let The Sims 4 be on their platforms and would get nothing for it! Disappointed Microsoft and Sony deserved to get paid too!  If they were to allow PC purchases to be transferred to consoles for free, then Sony and Microsoft would have never allowed The Sims 4 to be available on their consoles in the first place! Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 100 of 366 (1,252 Views)