Re: Sims 4 packs

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

can i transfer

★★★ Newbie

can i transfer the add on i brought on ps4 over to PC on SIM 4, i dont have have a ps4 anymore and i would like to carry on playing SIMS 4 but dont want to buy it all again ????

Message 161 of 366 (1,422 Views)

Re: can i transfer

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Emberz1

Unfortunately, the games, saves and data aren't cross platform compatible. PlayStation versions of the games won't transfer to PC and vice versa.

If it helps, right now there happens to be a Sims Sale running in Origin for the base game and digital deluxe edition upgrade. The discounts are quite significant where you'd get both for under a tenner (I'm going by the euro value) if you wanted to pick them up on PC. Keep in mind though that the sale is set to expire in the next few days.    

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 162 of 366 (1,411 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, that would make sense if it was physical media. This is all digital media, there's literally no reason that it shouldn't be cross platform compatible. If I can get Games and DLC to transfer and Upgrade from PS4 to PS5, it should be no different from PS4 to a PC!

Message 163 of 366 (1,356 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

@ZeldaFreak81590  The reason is money.  EA has to split the profits from console sales with Microsoft or Sony, and EA wants its full cut for the PC version.  And Microsoft and Sony aren't going to forego their cuts if someone wants to start playing on console, nor will EA pay the companies to offer the player the ability to do so.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 164 of 366 (1,344 Views)

Re: can i transfer

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Lanna I guess the real issue I have here is that with Xbox Game Pass I have access to the base game that I purchased on both PC and Xbox but not the DLC. So the excuse that the games aren't available cross platform is a pretty * excuse. If game ownership can be shared via EA Play/Xbox Game Pass there is no reason that the DLC that I already paid for can't be shared. What was the point of sharing the base game in the first place?
Message 165 of 366 (1,297 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms?

★★★★ Novice

I say we start a petition to get EA to stop being money hungry and allow our packs to be transferred through our available platforms. 

it makes no sense that i’ve spent over $1600 on the sims4 pc and i cant access it on my xbox as well. 

the worst part is the gallery still acknowledges my add-on packs when i’m on xbox but of course i cant actually place anything. 

Message 166 of 366 (1,563 Views)

Sims 4 packs

★★★ Newbie

So I have 2 sims 4 packs on my sims 4 version on the PS4, is there any way I can link my account to the version on the mac and download the packs on my mac without having to buy the packs again?

Message 167 of 366 (1,604 Views)

Re: Sims 4 packs

@DragonSlayerMakD  Nope, sorry, Sims 4 packs don't transfer between the console and PC/Mac versions.  You'll need to buy the game again through Origin, or else buy a PC/Mac code (they're the same one product) elsewhere and register it in Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 168 of 366 (1,591 Views)

Playing account on different platforms?

★ Apprentice

I am a PS4 Simmer, always regretted not getting the game for computer. If I want to play my account on a computer, can I use packs I’ve previously purchased on PS4?

Message 169 of 366 (1,544 Views)

Re: Playing account on different platforms?

★★ Guide

xbox app.png@Fluffy4880 I would check PS4 to see if they have a similar App like xbox for PC , I have Microsoft on my computer and because xbox and Microsoft is the same people it make it easy for me to see what games I can play on my PC from my gaming console with xbox App on PC . This is xbox App for PC computer , I can see all my games on my xbox from my PC computer and which one I can play that's on the game pass and that my computer can run. All my sims 4 games are on PC and I got my games before the EA Play connected to xbox for game pass which allow us to see the game we can play from EA vault and xbox gaming pass or games we purchase.

Message 170 of 366 (1,518 Views)