★★★ Newbie
@Nashaid12 same
Message 181 of 196 (1,008 Views)

Re: Can you download the sims 4 on a chromebook

★★★ Newbie
@Phantomlover1717 do they now?
Message 182 of 196 (961 Views)

Re: Can you download the sims 4 on a chromebook

@Isaiah7684  No, Sims 4 still can't be played in Chrome OS.  Even if it could, Chromebooks still mostly have hardware that's too weak to properly support the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 183 of 196 (948 Views)

Sims & Chromebooks

★★★★★ Newbie

So like, when is the Sims game gonna be available on Chromebooks? Is it ever going to be? & if not why?😭

Message 184 of 196 (902 Views)

Re: Sims & Chromebooks

@QueenNai812  I would guess that Sims 4 will never be supported on Chromebooks.  EA would have to rewrite the game for Chrome OS, which would take significant resources; the OS can't just run a Windows application as-is.  Given the relatively small market share and the fact that many if not most Chromebooks have hardware that would struggle to run the game at all, it's probably not worth the effort for EA to try.

Message 185 of 196 (874 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks & that sucks. Would it be possible if Chrome OS updated to where their hardware could run the game, or could run a Windows application without people having to download a bunch of stuff?
Message 186 of 196 (800 Views)

@QueenNai812  The strength of the hardware in a computer is unaffected by software updates.  So while a software update might make some marginal improvement in efficiency, there's nothing Chrome OS could ever do to make the average Chromebook capable of running Sims 4 when it's currently severely underpowered to do so.

Chrome OS also can't run programs written for Windows and never will.  That's just how operating systems work.  There are also proprietary considerations: most programs that run in Windows depend on other software Microsoft has written for Windows, and Microsoft is unlikely to allow anyone to adapt that software for a different OS, if it could even be done.

If you're shopping for a new computer in the future, Windows laptops that can run Sims 4 on medium settings typically start around $450 U.S. and often drop to under $400.

Message 187 of 196 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Well that sucks even more, but thank you.
Message 188 of 196 (773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I understand that Chrome OS is too weak to load The Sims 4 but what if you have Linux installed on the computer?

Message 189 of 196 (625 Views)

@KEC-14  I know of a couple ways to run Windows apps in Linux, depending on the distro installed, so yes, you could pursue this in theory.  However, make sure the underlying hardware is capable of running Sims 4 properly.  The issue with Chromebooks is not that Chrome OS is too weak or somehow insufficient; it's that Chromebooks tend to have weak processors and graphics chips that aren't suitable for running even a moderately demanding game.

Message 190 of 196 (612 Views)