[FAQ] The Sims 4 and Chromebooks

by crinrict

Original Post

how do i put the sims4 on pc

★★ Newbie

I just bought the sims 4 deluxe for PC and i don't know how to install it on a acer chromebook.

Message 121 of 196 (1,054 Views)

Re: how do i put the sims4 on pc

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Edit: Read post below 

Message 122 of 196 (1,047 Views)

Re: how do i put the sims4 on pc

[ Edited ]

@KamiCatt23  Unfortunately, Origin does not support Chrome OS.  If you want to play Sims 4 for PC, or the PC version of any EA title, you'll need to install it into Windows or macOS.

Since you just bought the game, you may be able to get a refund if your purchase went through Origin.  Here's the EA article on refunds:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

You'll need to contact EA support to make it happen.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 123 of 196 (1,038 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] The Sims 4 and Chromebooks

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict i buyed a sims4 game on chomebook now i cant play so can u guys fix this or give back the money
Message 124 of 196 (1,549 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] The Sims 4 and Chromebooks

Hero
@yt3t435 It's not for chromebook but you can request a refund: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

This isn't something that will get fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 125 of 196 (1,531 Views)

Re: Can you download the sims 4 on a chromebook

★★★ Newbie
@Alyshia2014 I just tried it and it dosent work...
Message 126 of 196 (1,430 Views)

can i play the sims 4 on my chromebook

★★★ Newbie

can i play the sims 4 on my Chromebook? 

Message 127 of 196 (1,079 Views)

Re: can i play the sims 4 on my chromebook

@aunna_izme  No, sorry, Sims 4 doesn't run in Chrome OS.  Even if you managed to install Windows on your Chromebook (possible, but also a bit of an effort), the game would probably not run very well.  The hardware in Chromebooks is usually below the minimum requirements for even moderately demanding games like Sims 4, and Windows laptops with similar components can only handle the game on the lowest settings, if it runs at all.

Message 128 of 196 (1,059 Views)

i bought sims 4 on my chromebook but how do i start playing it?

★★★ Newbie

how do i start playing the sims 4 because ive bought it and the money has come out of my account

Message 129 of 196 (1,064 Views)

Re: i bought sims 4 on my chromebook but how do i start playing it?

@jessc2006x  I'm sorry, but Sims 4 doesn't run in Chrome OS—it requires Windows or macOS.  The same goes for Origin.  So there's no way for you to play the game on your Chromebook.  Even if you did install Windows, your hardware would likely be below or barely at the minimum requirements for the game.  Chromebooks aren't built to run even moderately demanding games like Sims 4, and Windows PCs with the same hardware struggle with the game, if they can run it at all.

Message 130 of 196 (1,058 Views)