[FAQ] The Sims 4 and Chromebooks

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] The Sims 4 and Chromebooks

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does Sims 4 run on a Chromebook ?

No, the Sims 4 does not run on a Chromebook. Sims 4 needs either MacOS or Windows to run. There's also a console version available for XBox 1 and PS4.

Chromebooks run Chrome OS which is a different kind of operating system. 

Chromebooks are mostly for everyday office work, browsing the net or some playing multimedia. They are not made to run a demanding game. You can find the requirements here: [READ FIRST] Make sure you meet minimum requirements (PC).

Chromebooks typically rely on cloud saving for most data and have a very small hard drive because of that. This also makes them unfit to run the game. There are newer Chromebooks that have better specs and bigger hard drivers but those are equally not well suited as low-end Windows Computer.

Can I install Windows on a Chromebook ?

There are ways to do this but unless you know what you're doing, it's not recommended. There are news that Google has plans make it easier though. The things pointed out above about Chromebooks being too low in specs still apply.

Will EA make The Sims 4 available for Chromebooks ?

There is no information on that. EA has not made any comments on that but given the specs issue, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Are there any Sims Games I can run on Chromebooks ?

Some Chromebooks are able to run Android Apps. For Android/iOS you can give either The Sims Free Play or the Sims Mobile a look.

I already bought Sims 4. Can I get a refund ?

Yes,the Great Game Guarantee allows you to return the game within 14 days of your purchase (24 hours after starting it for the first time)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 195 (159,035 Views)

Can you download the sims 4 on a chromebook

★★★ Newbie

I just got a Samsung Chromebook, And i have been planning on downloading the sims 4 ever since ive heard its going to be created...

And My chromebook i guess has its own Google Os... Or whatever, But i was wondering that if i download the sims 4 off of orgin *this will be in the begining of november)  

So my question is, Will it work if i download it?

And Do you have to choose os or windows? If you do, Which one should i choose?

And if it doesnt work would i be able to get a refund?

this is the first computer ive used that i have to download it off orgin and that is so confusing. 

thanks for the help :heart: 

Message 1 of 195 (320,606 Views)

Re: Can you download the sims 4 on a chromebook

Hero (Retired)

Sims 4 is only for pc right now. You cannot download Origin to it and it needs windows to run it.

Message 2 of 195 (372,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, My chromebook is a newer version. I have HP though. It won't let me download any games accept the ones in the chrome web store. I want Sims 4 though!!

Message 3 of 195 (315,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims 4 does not run on chromebooks. You need a Windows computer as Indy said above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 195 (315,334 Views)

★★★★ Novice

we are having same problem. hopefully developers will make available.

Message 5 of 195 (312,905 Views)

sims 4 download for Chrome OS

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if Sims 4 is going to be on Chrome OS cause I've been wanting it on my Chromebook be because my PC does not work and I have been sad so this is just a suggestion just to let you know please take it in to consideratio

Message 6 of 195 (159,663 Views)

Re: sims 4 download for Chrome OS

Hero

Hi

the AnswerHQ is for people with issues, to help them get back into their games.

If you have any suggestions, praises, concerns, please use either the Ideas Corner: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner or the Feedback forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback over at the official forum.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 195 (159,934 Views)

can you play sims 4 on a Chromebook?

★★★★★ Newbie

i had sims 3 with 5 expansion packs on my old pc, and i love it and I've played sims 4 on a friends pc. problem is that my pc broke and now i have a Chromebook, now that there is a digital version for mac books, will that work on a Chromebook? 

Message 8 of 195 (159,257 Views)

Re: can you play sims 4 on a Chromebook?

Hero

No, chromebook is different. Sims 4 doesn't run on them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 195 (159,359 Views)