FAQ - The Sims 4 Discover University release on PC/Mac

by EA_Mai

Original Post

FAQ - The Sims 4 Discover University release on PC/Mac

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone!

The Sims 4 Discover University is almost here and, as we did with Island Living, let me try to answer the questions we usually see around Expansion Pack releases Standard smile

When will The Sims 4 Discover University release and be available for download?

As with previous Expansion Packs, this will be a rolling midnight release, which will start in Australia/New Zeland (the midnight of the 15th of November, Sydney time), and finish with the release in America (the midnight of the 15th of November, EST time).

The time for you will depend on your time zone and region. You can check the exact time for you on Origin: here.

aki0zh5z32eo.png

^ This is the release time for me, in Ireland/Europe ^

Can I pre-load the game?
As with previous packs, there won’t be a pre-load for The Sims 4 Discover University.

Can I install Discover University if I'm playing The Sims 4 Legacy Edition?
The Sims 4 Discover University is not compatible with The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. Please, check this thread for more information.

The pack has already released in my region, but I can’t purchase/download it because the option is not there, what can I do?

Some players have reported cache issues in the past. Clear your Origin cache to make sure stored old data is not causing the problem. If you are using the Origin client, you can learn how to clear Origin cache here. If you are using origin.com, clear your browser cache or try again using an incognito window.

If you pre-ordered the game, make sure the payment was processed correctly.

The pack has already released in my region, but when I press 'Download' Origin tells me that 'Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later', what can I do?

Make sure you are connected to the internet, and that Origin is not in offline mode. If you pre-ordered, please, make sure the payment was processed correctly.

Will The Sims 4 Discover University be added to Build Your Own Bundle?
After the pack has released worldwide, that’s the plan! We don’t have specifics on the timing, but we will let you know here once it’s available for bundling 😉

The Sims 4 Discover University is already available to bundle but I don't get the option to add the pack to a bundle, what can I do?
Some players have reported cache issues in the past. Clear your Origin cache to make sure stored old data is not causing the problem. If you are using the Origin client, you can learn how to clear Origin cache here. If you are using origin.com, clear your browser cache or try again using an incognito window.

Any other questions? Feel free to open your own topic! This is where, depending on the question:

-Mai

Message 1 of 2 (5,352 Views)

Re: FAQ - The Sims 4 Discover University release on PC/Mac

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone!

The Sims 4 Discover University should be available in Build Your Bundle now! Have fun!

-Mai

Updated Nov 26 - The Sims 4 Discover University won't be available to bundle during Black Friday sale, as the pack is not part of this sale.

Message 2 of 2 (3,501 Views)