[FAQ] Sims 4 Console Mods and CC

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: We need custom content for console

★★★★ Guide

You'll have to talk to the console developers about that - it's nothing to do with EA or Custom Content Creators.

Message 21 of 80 (992 Views)

Re: We need custom content for console

★★★★ Expert
@morisg1 It won't happen. Console companies like Sony won't allow it.

In order to add "mods" and CC, players would need access to the console's file system, which Sony is dead-set against. It increases the ability to hack and crack consoles.

Maybe if EA added a user content system into the game without giving access to the file system... that might work. Problem is, that would cost EA money to develop that system. EA spending money for no benefit other than to make the players happy? Yeah. Not gonna happen.
Message 22 of 80 (969 Views)

Re: Custom Content On The Sims 4 PS4 And Xbox

★★★★ Novice

This isn’t EA’s fault. This is up to Sony and Microsoft. One, they’d have to add a file downloader into each of their systems, which I don’t think they want to do. Two, who knows how much bugginess this would cause. And three, that would mean we also have to deal with corruption and stuff that PC/Mac players have to deal with. 

I think it’s just best we don’t have it..

Message 23 of 80 (19,717 Views)

Why don’t we have mccc on console

★★★ Newbie

I play on ps4 and of course Console doesn’t have it but, I’m curious why don’t we? does it have to do with the limit  on console or something?

Message 24 of 80 (2,079 Views)

Re: Why don’t we have mccc on console

★★★ Pro

@rose12907 There is a lengthy discussion about this Solved: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it - Answer HQ (ea...

im not sure what you mean about limit the problem is it wasn't made by ea it was made by someone else Microsoft is more open about allowing it but PlayStation no also it is a file that has to be extracted its something that you cant do as a ex console player ps4 it frustrates me to.

Message 25 of 80 (2,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Huh that makes sense but most of us, most of the cheats don’t work and to add to that do i really have to buy the pc one if I want to play and or use mods, also if you have something to add more storage would it do anything or would it stay the same and you can’t do anything about it 

Message 26 of 80 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]

@rose12907  MCCC is a mod made to act on the Windows/Mac version of the game.  Even if you could get the download onto your console, neither the console nor Sims 4 would know what to do with the mod once it was there.  The console version of the game couldn't load or use the mod in the same way that it couldn't run a Windows application or an extension made for one.  The same goes for all other Sims 4 mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 27 of 80 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Pro

@rose12907 Yes to use mods you will have to get the pc version you could add more storage but it wouldn't do anything the Sims 4 on console doesn't support any mods at all and it's doubtful it ever will.

Message 28 of 80 (1,241 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rose12907 I've merged your post into the thread concerning this question. Please read the first post.

@Rachelharris31  and @puzzlezaddict  covered the reasons also in their posts.

Message 29 of 80 (1,192 Views)

Re: Custom Content On The Sims 4 PS4 And Xbox

★★★ Newbie
@backplayingsims I am upset cause I can’t even transfer my packs to pc! So if I ever want Cc I have wasted the thousands of dollars I spent.
Message 30 of 80 (1,161 Views)