Expansions packs stuck on finalizing

by angiepulak

Original Post

Expansions packs stuck on finalizing

★★ Novice

I opened my game today and it came up with the missing content error so I went back to origin to see that the base game was stuck on finalizing. I just pressed update on the game and now it says play. Although the base game is fixed some of my expansion packs and games packs still say finalizing. I’ve looked up how to repair them but can’t find a way that works. I’ve also repaired the game and logged in and out of origin. :/

Message 1 of 2 (657 Views)

Re: Expansions packs stuck on finalizing

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue too. 

My computer froze, so I restarted my computer. Normal routine if your computer freezes.

When I opened Origin and clicked on the game the game opened as normal. When I loaded

my saved files, loading screen... then BOOM error message (Data missing).

Checked the game, some worlds will not load and have llamas all over the map.

After spending hours researching I finally figured out my game library showed all the expansion packs,

game packs and stuff packs under more... all of which for some reason were no longer installed... Idk how they uninstalled 

after restarting my computer... ANYWAY, I spent hours re-installing and now some of them are stuck on "finalizing"

Ive tried legit everything. I've hit the repair button too many times, contacted EA who was very unhelpful and uninstalled (University)

a pack that I paid for... I've done hours and hours of research and I can't find any resolution.

Considering I've spent nearly 9000 hours playing this game, Im so upset because I cannot play the game at all because

data is missing AKA the files are still "finalizing"... 

Message 2 of 2 (582 Views)