Re: Excavating Rocks

by CGrant56

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@dolldrms1 I don’t have that EP but I have about 5 residential worlds that I check and have even gone on a vacation just to see if I can find more but I usually don’t.

My crystals, Sim Trophies, and elements are all close so I keep gearing toward rocks and time capsules. I guess I just have to wait it out lol
Message 11 of 13 (192 Views)

Hero

@GridironGuy88 @dolldrms1 

The dig rock spawning seems to be different in each zone.  All the zones where they will spawn seem to take about a sim day to spawn so you have to play in the zone for quite awhile for them to show up.  The slowest seem to be the zones around the parks.  It seems like it takes forever there.  In the residential zones, they will spawn every day.  What I see is that if you want them to spawn, you have to visit the zones a lot and spend quite a bit of time there.  It appears to be cumulative though and they will eventually show up.

But there are a couple of places they spawn differently.  When you go to the lab lot from GTW, the rocks are always there every day when you get there.  But you can only get there when you are playing a scientist.  If you have OR, then the rocks in all the Granite Falls zones always spawn when you travel to any zones but there are only 3 in each zone.  If you travel a bunch of times between the 3 zones there you can get a lot of them pretty fast.  On Sixam, those spawn pretty fast too.  Just have to hang around for 4-6 hours.  If you start collecting the other things there like the aliens, orbs and the red and yellow crystal rocks, the regular dig rocks will spawn before you are about a 3rd of the way through collecting the other things.  Plus I have found in my save that there is the best place to get the 3 hardest to find Mysims trophies, Violet, Tobor and Goth Boy.  About the time, you collect all the other stuff, a second rock will usually spawn so staying there can let you collect even more.  There are 2 crystals and 2 metals you can only get there too.  

You can also buy Zombie Carl and Morbius at the shops in the Magic Realm.  Once in awhile you can buy one or two of the others there too.  It changes from day to day so you have to visit often.  You can also buy some crystals and metals there too.  But what is available changes from day to day.  The dig rocks also spawn there too about every sim day.  

Hope this helps.

JA also has 2 crystals and 5 fossils you can only find in Selvadorada.  The rock spawning there is a bit erratic there in the zone where you not staying though.  Takes a long time in that zone before they respawn but in the zone where your rental is, they spawn every day.

Message 12 of 13 (184 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CGrant56 Thanks for the info! I’ll be sure to check out those spots more frequently
Message 13 of 13 (172 Views)