Re: Excavating Rocks

by GridironGuy88

Original Post

Excavating Rocks

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know you have to wait a certain amount of time on the same lot before the rocks are able to re-spawn but I’ve been on the same lot for hours and I don’t see any sign of them. 

Ive also been to different lots and I don’t see any there either or even holes that have been dug up

Message 1 of 13 (447 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GridironGuy88 

They are not present on lots. You can find them in the world. Just look around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 13 (431 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen I know, what I meant to say was parks and other public areas
Message 3 of 13 (428 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GridironGuy88 

I wouldn't leave my Sim idle on a public lot for the many hours it takes before they respawn. I suggest you do something more meaningful and return later if you want to dig there again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 13 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen That sounds like a good plan because I spend more time just looking for the rocks and she’s not getting any younger lol
Message 5 of 13 (397 Views)

★ Pro

@GridironGuy88   I've had issues with rocks not respawning in a completely vanilla save for about 3 months now. There is a bug report open for this issue and I clicked "me too" and posted in the thread last December. May I suggest you read through the thread and see if you feel the issue is also affecting your save? If so, you may also want to at least click the "me too" button. It's not necessary to make a post as well unless you want to do so.

The thread is located here: [NEEDS INFO] Rocks not spawning in neighborhoods - Answer HQ (ea.com)  BTW, @jpkarlsen is correct, you don't want to hang out for long periods of time as that is rather boring, lol.  I'm talking about the rocks not spawning again after digging just playing normally for sim weeks and returning to the areas time and time again.

Message 6 of 13 (392 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@dolldrms1 I don’t think it’s affecting my save all that much but I am getting the same problem, only on console.

Specifically, I go to the park in Oasis Springs to looks for the rocks. I have the collectibles aspiration so I usually like to fish to pass the time. Either way I have a chance to get a collectible
Message 7 of 13 (386 Views)

★ Pro

@GridironGuy88 Thanks for checking out the thread. If you are seeing the issue on console, it's fine to comment in the thread as bug reports are for all platforms.

I'm glad you're finding some rocks that are working. Unless I'm playing as a scientist with access to the rocks at the science lab, I'm finding it difficult to play the collector aspiration. I don't mind some difficulty in the time or requirements to complete an aspiration a problem but with the rocks not spawning again after digging, like I'm seeing, the collector aspiration becomes frustrating. It feels like some adjustment to the time between dig and respawn would be in order.

Message 8 of 13 (360 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@dolldrms1 I agree, I don’t mind the time it takes to complete but with the accelerated lifespan of a sim, it should be less time to respawn rocks.

I’m currently on the last step of the collector aspiration and have been for a while (trying to complete a whole collection). I need to find more rare ones and when and if they do respawn at all they are just repeats of what I already have. It definitely is frustrating
Message 9 of 13 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@GridironGuy88   If you have City Living installed, you can also see if any appear on a vendor's table at the flea market.  I've also got my sim now buying the holiday crackers to see if I can complete the smaller plushie collection, lol.

Message 10 of 13 (336 Views)