Event Quest not worth it!

by Simfanatic08

Original Post

Re: Event Quest not worth it!

★★ Apprentice

I’m so disappointed in this event. I don’t mind getting sim cash, but I really don’t need the home tickets I have gotten from probably half of my boxes. I have the quest prize but I feel like I wasted my time getting it. The clothes are okay, the furniture is uninspired, and the only thing that’s worth having in the house for a party (dartboard) just isn’t happening for me. 

Why are home tickets even considered a prize!! What a rip off. 

Didn’t they previously offer 4 special activities with cool downs? Only one of which was particularly lengthy? I don’t know why recent events only have two activities to earn significant tickets. 

Really the whole loot box thing is annoying. Does anyone like it? The ASOS style event where you get to choose your prizes and work toward something bigger was nice. At least don’t have so many worthless boxes in an event. 

Message 31 of 37 (673 Views)

★ Expert

I agree with everyone in this thread. I have a life time supply of tickets. I even spent money trying to get the hotdog suit just like @BlueWizardRob. I wonder if the suit is even in there. I know not one person that got one. I agree with you Wiz, it's not fun anymore other than parties, friends and trading sims. I don't like the prizes in the events and I think the surprising choices add nothing to the game accept annoyance 

Message 32 of 37 (628 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Fuzzernutter wrote:

I agree with everyone in this thread. I have a life time supply of tickets. I even spent money trying to get the hotdog suit just like @BlueWizardRob. I wonder if the suit is even in there. I know not one person that got one. I agree with you Wiz, it's not fun anymore other than parties, friends and trading sims. I don't like the prizes in the events and I think the surprising choices add nothing to the game accept annoyance 

A data security expert I have met previously tested the event and opened 4000 of the simcash boxes 500 of the ribbon boxes and she didn't get the hot dog suit.  That makes me glad I stopped when I did.  

Message 33 of 37 (596 Views)

★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob I tested it with cash and ribbons . I question if the hotdog is even in there. Don't buy the loot boxes, they are not giving correct rewards. I reported it. Don't know if EA fixed it. I did not even complete the quest. I gave up and used whatever ribbons I had left. 

Message 34 of 37 (591 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I used sim cash I got from a box to open the sim cash box and got 2 super sim tickets. I felt so ripped off, but at least it wasn't real money. 

Message 35 of 37 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Fuzzernutter wrote:

@BlueWizardRob I tested it with cash and ribbons . I question if the hotdog is even in there. Don't buy the loot boxes, they are not giving correct rewards. I reported it. Don't know if EA fixed it. I did not even complete the quest. I gave up and used whatever ribbons I had left. 

I did as well.

Message 36 of 37 (567 Views)

★★★ Guide

I learned not to bother spending sim cash on these events after my experience with the Spa Event ($150 wasted to receive a duplicate bottom that was exchanged for 5 duck bucks/20 simeleons. WTH.), but between the "rares" that no one seems to be able to get, the items that show up as "Surprising Choices" that are only purchasable for $20 of real world money, and the rate at which we're tossed home/sim tickets that we have way too many of it as it currently stands, it's not at all difficult to believe that these events really are meant to set up to force players to either pay or fail. And seeing as how paying is no guarantee of success either, it is horribly unfair that the events make it a requirement for players to spend a certain amount of game currency to advance, but simultaneously force them to squander opportunities to do so and ultimately run out of time due to the overly-long cooldown periods.

And the real corker? "This event has ended, spend your tokens while you can." Oh, you mean the tokens that mysteriously stopped being awarded for interactions in the three hours prior to the end of the event? So that I ended up with 226 tokens that I'm likely going to get yet MORE useless home tickets for? Awesome. Thanks for the kindly advice.

Message 37 of 37 (520 Views)