Event Quest not worth it!

by Simfanatic08

Original Post

Re: Event Quest not worth it!

★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob same here with the Hotdog suit. It is very rare and almost impossible to get. This game is costing more than the PC game which has all this stuff. I'm giving up on the quest and have no desire to complete it. This is twice now they have done this with the hotdog suit . 

Message 11 of 37 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I would also like to give the EA programmers some advice on the quests.  Making the daily to-do list a quest item twice is a terrible idea. It is especially terrible when there is only one quest event possible between the two.  That means that for a full 1/4th of the time of the event, we cannot work on, progress or be excited about this event.  We are simply stuck in a holding pattern.  That is worse than boring, it is discouraging and leads to anger at the game.  I am sure that is not what you want from these events.  You activated the event two hours after I woke up and finished my to-do list.  When the event started, I was excited and rushed through, using cupcakes and simcash to finish quickly and then I hit quest 10, the to-do list.  My progress came to a screeching halt. There was nothing exciting I could do in the event.  It is even worse this time because we have learned that we will not be able to get the complete set of prizes.  The hot dog suit is so rare that it isn't even worth trying.

The final insult was that today, after having to wait more than 20 hours, I was able to do the daily to-do list and start progressing again.  I used cupcakes to rush through the following quest event only to find out that the one after that is...........another daily to-do list that I have to wait another 24 hours for.

This event is terrible and is actually diminishing my interest in the game.

Please fix the following problems:

1) Do not include so many requirements like the to-do list that actually prohibit me from finishing the game without long "dead times" when I cannot progress.

2) Do not include super rare rewards.  If I have no hope of completing the set or getting the reward I want, I will simply stop after finishing the basic quest.  You will be losing my money that would have been spent if I actually thought the rewards were reasonably achievable.

3) WE HATE LOOT BOXES and randomized rewards.  At the very minimum we want a reasonable possibility of achieving all of the rewards.

Message 12 of 37 (535 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

I would also like to give the EA programmers some advice on the quests.  Making the daily to-do list a quest item twice is a terrible idea. It is especially terrible when there is only one quest event possible between the two.  That means that for a full 1/4th of the time of the event, we cannot work on, progress or be excited about this event.  We are simply stuck in a holding pattern.  That is worse than boring, it is discouraging and leads to anger at the game.  I am sure that is not what you want from these events.  You activated the event two hours after I woke up and finished my to-do list.  When the event started, I was excited and rushed through, using cupcakes and simcash to finish quickly and then I hit quest 10, the to-do list.  My progress came to a screeching halt. There was nothing exciting I could do in the event.  It is even worse this time because we have learned that we will not be able to get the complete set of prizes.  The hot dog suit is so rare that it isn't even worth trying.

The final insult was that today, after having to wait more than 20 hours, I was able to do the daily to-do list and start progressing again.  I used cupcakes to rush through the following quest event only to find out that the one after that is...........another daily to-do list that I have to wait another 24 hours for.

1) Do not include so many requirements like the to-do list that actually prohibit me from finishing the game without long "dead times" when I cannot progress.

2) Do not include super rare rewards.  If I have no hope of completing the set or getting the reward I want, I will simply stop after finishing the basic quest.  You will be losing my money that would have been spent if I actually thought the rewards were reasonably achievable.

3) WE HATE LOOT BOXES and randomized rewards.  At the very minimum we want a reasonable possibility of achieving all of the rewards.

Everything @BlueWizardRob said I agree with totally! ☝☝
Message 13 of 37 (517 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is true. Right when I posted that I did not have the event. I logged back in and the event appeared. After reviewing the prizes and comments about what tasks you have to complete for this event, I have to say that I agree with you too 

Message 14 of 37 (502 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

Everything @BlueWizardRob said I agree with totally! ☝☝

Me too! I despise randomized rewards, especially after getting so many duplicates for like the hundredth time!

Message 15 of 37 (495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

When I saw that one of the quests was to use 2000 ribbons, I figured that's all I was going to spend. Might not even finish the quest if I don't get at least 1 of the rare items after opening 8 boxes... I have 4000 stashed right now, so if I get common items and dupes, that's all I'm going to do. The classy beverage shelf will do just fine for me lol.

And maybe it's just me, but I get tired of repeating the same events during a quest. 

Message 16 of 37 (491 Views)

★★ Pro

I agree on the above. AND I was talking with someone about their bar area in their sim home and we noticed there aren’t barstools to go with the bars in this BAR event. Instead there is a random table. The table would have been cool if say, my sims could dance on it after imbibing but there are no actions with this table at all. So why??? Barstools would have been much better than more tables. And that is being generous and not suggesting barstools instead of tons of flags and omg home tickets (sorry but 5 loot boxes in a row of home tix, blarghy). I’m happy with my neon signs and hope to end up with a dart board. But c’mon- 

Message 17 of 37 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

deleted

Message 18 of 37 (464 Views)

★★ Pro
Yay- glad you replied here @ShellsSeaShells - I was missing the s when trying to find you to tag!
Message 19 of 37 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

deleted

Message 20 of 37 (452 Views)