Error when submitting Spark'd Challenge Storyteller video

by dursi01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error when submitting Spark'd Challenge Storyteller video

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA team we are trying desparately to send in our entry for the latest Spark'd challange in Storyteller mode but are getting an error message everytime we submit our youtube video link saying to try again later. Is there a diffferent way that I can submit?

(CM: Edited thread title to make it more specific)

Message 1 of 34 (1,114 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot submit Spark'd Challenge Storyteller video

EA Sims Team

Hello, for @elemmele @AsterRenDecouto @Azucar_Impuro @peafrogsims @crazydee16 @IshaLenaPlays @Tix2opera and anyone else that had trouble submitting their Storyteller video(s).

I've discussed with the team.  You can post your Youtube link(s) here in this thread, as long as the video(s) were uploaded to Youtube prior to the submission deadline (11:59:59PM Pacific Time, August 2).  If you post the link(s) in this thread before 10AM Pacific Time on Friday, August 7th, the team will review them for submission. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, and good luck with the challenge!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 24 of 34 (1,698 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I looked and the response on submission is throwing a 409 error. There is something pretty broken on their backend now or they changed the API and/or form data. That it is showing up as a conflict is a little weird. Please fix this EA, my daughter worked very hard to put her entry together. 

Message 2 of 34 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I spent all night trying to submit mine too, tried again this morning and it is still not working!

Message 3 of 34 (1,059 Views)

Trouble uploading to Sims Spark'd Challenge for Story Teller?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Is anyone else having trouble uploading for Story Teller to the Sims Spark'd Challenge? It keeps saying "We're Sorry! Something wen't wrong" without saying what went wrong or giving any options and I have spent hours now making the video, uploading it and now trying to submit! No where does there seem to be help about what to do if you can't submit. #sparkd #thesimssparkd #sparkdchallenge

Message 4 of 34 (983 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@dursi01 HollieBB told me on Twitter that she's aware of the problem and they WILL find a way for us to still submit!

I was freaking out all day lol
Message 5 of 34 (958 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve been having the same issue all day. EA support tested on their end and got the same error while I was on the phone with them this morning. They said they are working on a fix. Hopefully in time for us to submit by the deadline, or else an alternative way to submit our entries!!

Message 6 of 34 (933 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you, fingers crossed.  If there is an alternative way to submit our videos please can you let me know.  I'll try the EA Spark'd site again tomorrow.  Good luck. Standard smile

Message 7 of 34 (929 Views)

★★★ Novice
@peafrogsims I hope so Standard smile If you hear how to submit or if the issue has been resolved please could you le me know - thank you
Message 8 of 34 (946 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone! Although I didn't get an update back from EA, I just tried again to submit my video to the Spark'd Challenge, and it was accepted. Hopefully that means it was fixed for everyone. Good luck to you all!

Message 9 of 34 (859 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@dursi01 Not sure if you've seen already but the issue has been fixed and myself and the people I knew who were having trouble have been able to submit now! All sorted it seems! :D
Message 10 of 34 (817 Views)