Re: Emotionally Mindful moodlet

by SimzSizzle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Emotionally Mindful moodlet

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I just got the new expansion pack and noticed that there is a new moodlet (game in Finnish). Before reporting this as a bug, I wanted to ask about more knowledge on what is supposed to grant the Emotionally Mindful moodlet? My Sim seems to be getting it without any considerable effort which is weird as I read from somewhere that you would have to meditate or go on meditative hikes or something.

emotionally mindful.png

Message 1 of 9 (12,690 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@KnightGoblin8 Thanks for the article link! It also says activities like painting, fishing, or using the hot springs can do it. So it doesn't just have to be walks.

Seems like a hobby activity may be enough to get it going.  

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (12,660 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@KnightGoblin8 I don't know what the moodlet says, but I have a sim who gets a moodlet related to his active lifestyle. If he does something that's opposite what the lifestyle is, he gets a 4 hour bored moodlet. If it's something for his lifestyle, he gets a 4 hour happy moodlet.

So depending on the active lifestyle for that sim, the buff could be related to that.
Message 2 of 9 (12,675 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Based on this article that I found it is related to meditative walks. Except my Sim hasn't done any which is weird. https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/03/the-sims-4-snowy-escape-becoming-emotionally-mindful-surging-e...
Message 3 of 9 (12,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@KnightGoblin8 Thanks for the article link! It also says activities like painting, fishing, or using the hot springs can do it. So it doesn't just have to be walks.

Seems like a hobby activity may be enough to get it going.  

Message 4 of 9 (12,661 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Oh yea! That's true. The Sim has been doing a lot of reading so maybe that has contributed on occasionally getting the moodlet. So maybe it's not a glitch after all. Hopefully people would pitch in if they encounter their own scenarios where they got the moodlet. Standard smile
Message 5 of 9 (12,655 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@KnightGoblin8 That would be interesting to learn! What a great buff though. I may have to try to earn it for the emotion surge!
Message 6 of 9 (12,652 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not actually a huge fan of being "emotionally mindful." I have a musician who needs to practice while inspired for two hours to go after my lifetime achievement, but playing music is mindful. So every time I try, I get a +4 "Fine" moodlet for several hours and I'm having the HARDEST time getting inspired. I wonder if that is an unintended side effect, or if there's a way around it I can't think of.

Message 7 of 9 (12,092 Views)

★★ Guide
@KnightGoblin8 Reading will definitely give the mindful moodlet!

Just about any creative or thoughtful activity will give that moodlet.

I haven't had any problem with getting "inspired" or "focused" when I also have that moodlet. It doesn't usually sit in the "front" of the line of moodlets except when it first comes up so it doesn't cause problems for me.

Also, the moodlet can be used to *get* other moodlets with the "power surge" interaction. I haven't tried to do it yet, but I'm wondering if the "get angry" surge will help to do the Actor/Actress job tasks. I've always had trouble getting my Sim angry enough to get those tasks done. Even making them "angry" ends up with that moodlet at the end of the line of moodlets, and so not useful.

I usually use a potion to give them a certain moodlet if the one I want is "buried" by other moodlets. But they don't have an "angry" potion. But I did see an "angry" surge when I tried to see how surges worked in general.
Message 8 of 9 (12,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sims 4 Sim Nori Saki Brindleton Bay - emotionally mindful moodlet without meditative walks or other things - 12-31-2020.jpgMy Sim is getting this moodlet alot too and she's just doing everyday normal things.

She is a programmer but she hasn't been doing that in a few days, and she is getting this moodlet.

She is listening to alot of music though, could that be it ?

She lives in Brindleton Bay, and I've been trying to get her into the inspired mood, but its been difficult.

Usually my Sims get into the inspired mood when cooking but she hasn't in a while.

The moodlet just left her for a few hours, then she woke up, ate, and went to make a snowpal and it popped up again.

Noticed the game says you can get into the emotionally mindful mood by taking meditative walks, listening to Japanese folk music or relaxing in a hot tub.

She hasn't done any of these and had to research to see what it was.

Going to try to surge her emotions and see what happens.

edit: there is no option to surge emotions at the first level, which is where she is.

Only the option for mindful walks. Guess she has to go to a higher level in emotionally mindful to get to surge the emotions.

This is something that came with the Snowy Escape pack, and I guess its across the board in the game.

Heres more information: https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/03/the-sims-4-snowy-escape-becoming-emotionally-mindful-surging-e...

edit: Did it, surged her emotions after she got to  +10 of the emotionally mindful state. Just had her take a mindful walk at the first level which was

+4, then surged her emotion and made her ingenuity (inspired) and that's it.

Now I will see what it takes to make her go into a different mood or is she stuck there in the ingenuity mood.

Message 9 of 9 (11,422 Views)